How many english/foreigned books have you read in your entire life ?

Sondage - How much english/foreigned books have you read in your entire life ?

0 (I don't understand the question or I never tried)
5% - 16
1 (I tried but... not for me/too hard)
10% - 29
6% - 19
5% - 16
4% - 12
3% - 11
6-10 (included)
11% - 33
11-20
13% - 37
21-30
5% - 15
31... and beyond ! (c) Buzz
32% - 92

Total : 280

• Lelf

A moitié noyé sous sa PAL

#21 02 Août 2010 22:55:05

I don't really know how to answer this question. So far I remember having read 26 books in english or spanish (ok, just one in spanish ^^). But I read a lot of comic books in english, so if we count them, I have read far much than 31 books :P
    And even if we don't count comic books, I have juste started to read a lot in english (novels I mean), so this number will increase very soon. :)
  • evertkhorus

Cajoleur de couvertures

#22 02 Août 2010 23:28:55

Oh I don't know exactly, but more than 31 for sure. I've been reading in english for 10 years now so...including essays and classics. The hardest : Shakespeare, but it was ok. I read also a bit in german!
  • Sita

Empileur d étagères

#23 02 Août 2010 23:49:08

Tal: Is there a big difference between prices of Amazon FR and Amazon UK ? Because I thought shipping wasn't free from Amazon UK, so I'm wondering.
    (well in fact, even if it is I won't use Amazon UK since I can only pay on the French one, but I still want to know!)
    As for The Book Depository, it's always good to check on amazon since they have their books on the market place and you can easily compare!

Dernière modification par Sita (03 Août 2010 00:16:30)

• Taliesin

Correcteur Bibliomania

#24 02 Août 2010 23:57:23

Sita : Ninety percent of the time, even with the shipping it's less expensive than the French prices for the same english book... And very often I buy on the marketplace of Amazon UK.

Dernière modification par Taliesin (02 Août 2010 23:57:45)

• Belgarion

Baby lecteur

#25 03 Août 2010 00:01:49

Sita a écrit

As for The Book Depository, it's always good to check on amazon since they have their books on the market place and you can easily compare!

Looking at their website is a good idea because they do not have exactly the same prices on the marketplace and on their own website. Usually you do not have the 25-50% off for pre-order on amazon/marketplace.

• baba

Admin développeur

#26 03 Août 2010 00:08:24

Lelf a écrit

I don't really know how to answer this question. So far I remember having read 26 books in english or spanish (ok, just one in spanish ^^). But I read a lot of comic books in english, so if we count them, I have read far much than 31 books :P
    And even if we don't count comic books, I have juste started to read a lot in english (novels I mean), so this number will increase very soon. :)

Oh yes, I forget to count comics books. But well... it's not really harsh to understand with the drawing and there are less words than a novel. Maybe, 1 normal page = 5 comics pages

• Taliesin

Correcteur Bibliomania

#27 03 Août 2010 00:17:37

If we count comics books I have read many books in English !!! :P
  • FrenchDawn

Doctelecteur

#28 03 Août 2010 09:35:27

I think I've read about 15 books in English language... I read in English since two years. This year I'm particularly motivated because I've bought the entire collection of the Doctor Who novels, and I LOVE these books. :heart:
  • Miss Spooky Muffin

Mange-mots

#29 03 Août 2010 10:37:24

Lau' a écrit

Thanks Taliesin, I didn't know that website (i.e. Thebookdepository). Their books are new, aren't they ?
    (and yes, English books are not so expensive at least ^^)

Yes Lau, the books are new, and they send everything separately so you can order both published and soon to be published books at the same time, they'll arrive as soon as they're in stock.

• Czar

Pèlerin des mots

#30 03 Août 2010 10:44:23

Gosh, i don't know exactly but I'm sure over 31...
    Sometimes I read books or watch films and I am not really aware of it being in english until my sweetheart tells me I forget him...(He doesn't speak english at all)