Which book are you reading this week?

• Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#141 05 Mai 2016 21:14:55

I'd like to read Game of Thrones in english as well, but i already have so many other books to read !
    And i'm afraid i won't find the reading as entertaining as i should since i've already seen the tv show, even though it's not exactly the same, i already know who's going to die :lol:
  • Mina Sensei

Bookworm

#142 23 Mai 2016 11:51:39

beckygirly a écrit

Woh! You began GoT in books! It's been like 2 years since I've told myself I need to read them, but I haven't find the proper time.
    So how is it? Difficult? Easy? I'm curious =D

Hey beckygirly

I finished the first book and it is not really difficult. There are some words that I didn't know but the general meaning is really easy to understand (and I've never seen the series :-))

elizewyn a écrit

I'd like to read Game of Thrones in english as well, but i already have so many other books to read !
    And i'm afraid i won't find the reading as entertaining as i should since i've already seen the tv show, even though it's not exactly the same, i already know who's going to die :lol:

Hey elizewyn

Sure it won't be as entertaining as you already know what's going on. But maybe someday you will read them. I'm sure you will ;)

• Bookish_Cup

Lecteur invétéré

#143 23 Mai 2016 14:47:06

Hey ! I choose to read lot's of books this week ! For the moment, I read Rien qu'une chanson by Lynn. The story talk about a love, death and music !
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#144 25 Mai 2016 22:18:51

Life_begins_after_coffee a écrit

elizewyn a écrit

Hey elizewyn

Sure it won't be as entertaining as you already know what's going on. But maybe someday you will read them. I'm sure you will ;)

Maybe, many years after the tv show has ended ^^

• Cansei de ser frenchy

Livraddictien débutant

#145 21 Octobre 2016 15:08:43

elizewyn a écrit

I read 4 of them. i basically read one GoT per year. They are quite big (around 1000 pages) and I read slowly in English, so I usually wait one year before starting the next one ! The style is peculiar but not difficult for a French native speaker since most of the odd words have a latin origin. The first books are very similar to the show but they are progressively drifting from each other. I personnaly enjoy reading them even though I first saw the show. but seriously, I already hate the character of Jon Snow in the show, but in the books ... :vomi:

• Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#146 21 Octobre 2016 15:27:33

Cansei de ser frenchy a écrit

elizewyn a écrit

I read 4 of them. i basically read one GoT per year. They are quite big (around 1000 pages) and I read slowly in English, so I usually wait one year before starting the next one ! The style is peculiar but not difficult for a French native speaker since most of the odd words have a latin origin. The first books are very similar to the show but they are progressively drifting from each other. I personnaly enjoy reading them even though I first saw the show. but seriously, I already hate the character of Jon Snow in the show, but in the books ... :vomi:

Oh ? Why do you hate Jon ?

I don't mind big books, but i think i'm gonna wait until the show is over to start reading the books :)

• OrcadianSky

Préposé aux marque-pages

#147 24 Octobre 2016 23:22:06

Unrelated topic. I mean, book.
    I've just found "I don't want to kill you" by Dan Wells in my library woopwoop! I think I still was in Strasbourg when I read the two first novels of the series. Now the third book is mine... for 24 days.
    Do you know the John Wayne Cleaver series? It's about a young psychopath who struggles not to kill people. Until some gruesome murders happen in his small quiet town... It's something like "a young Dexter Morgan with a touch of supernatural". The tone is quite fun.
  • Ailee

Livraddictien débutant

#148 26 Octobre 2016 14:06:30

Hi everyone !

I'm currently reading Will & Will (Will Grayson, Will Grayson) by John Green. In fact, I've been into it since 8 months or something like that. I feel like I don't want to continue this story even if John Green is one of my favourite writer ... I don't know if it's because of the English language or the story that I seem to not like. I'm not into it I think. But I really want to finish this book ! I'm in the middle of it.
    Have you read it ? Perhaps in French ?
    I hope I will finish this book soon.
    Bye see you later.

• Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#149 26 Octobre 2016 21:10:27

Ailee a écrit

Hi everyone !

I'm currently reading Will & Will (Will Grayson, Will Grayson) by John Green. In fact, I've been into it since 8 months or something like that. I feel like I don't want to continue this story even if John Green is one of my favourite writer ... I don't know if it's because of the English language or the story that I seem to not like. I'm not into it I think. But I really want to finish this book ! I'm in the middle of it.
    Have you read it ? Perhaps in French ?
    I hope I will finish this book soon.
    Bye see you later.

I haven't read it but i wanted to, what don't you like about it ?
    If you really not enjoying yourself, maybe you should try to read something else ? Do you read in english often ?

• Ailee

Livraddictien débutant

#150 26 Octobre 2016 23:14:57

elizewyn a écrit

I haven't read it but i wanted to, what don't you like about it ?
    If you really not enjoying yourself, maybe you should try to read something else ? Do you read in english often ?

I feel like I don't really understand the story : at the 100th page, i finally understood that there were two different characters who were telling their story chapter by chapter... I didn't know that ! So I think i need to re-read all of it, start over. (since i've began this book a long time ago like i said)

I read other books other than this one, for sure. But i still have my bookmark inside of this one and i really want to finish it. (I don't like to not finish a book actually ...) I do read English books, well i read about 5 or 10 books in English for now.