Objectif : Écrire dans une langue étrangère un peu chaque jour !

• OrcadianSky

Puits de lecture

#61 16 Novembre 2017 17:55:54

I teach French and a bit of German in a secondary school. I did my teacher training at Glasgow uni in 2014/15 and been teaching since then.
    It's not as peaceful as we might think. It's quite a depraved area with a lot of poverty and drug problem. A lot of kids have a tough life.
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#62 16 Novembre 2017 19:22:12

Oh, that sucks, it must be difficult to teach in these conditions, no ?
  • OrcadianSky

Puits de lecture

#63 16 Novembre 2017 19:43:51

It can be. But not always. It depends. Most kids are fine. But one disruptive element is enough to ruin it. XD.
    I live in a village that is pretty quiet. But I used to live in a flat above a junkie/dealer and a dull and loud saxophonist XD.
    But everything is not that bad. That wouldn't be fair. It's only quite remote and there's nothing much to do. So I understand kids can get pretty bored!
    I have great conversations with them. Teaching is hard work. But the kids are great even if some are really challenging!
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#64 16 Novembre 2017 21:46:27

That's very true, it only takes one :lol:
    Your last neighbors must have been pretty annoying ^^
    Yes, teaching is very challenging, i really have a lot of respect for people who choose this line of work, it takes so much patience, i honestly could not do it.
  • OrcadianSky

Puits de lecture

#65 16 Novembre 2017 22:57:58

My neighbours are the reason I left the flat. Couldnae stand them anymore.
    And thanks! It does require some patience!
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#66 16 Novembre 2017 23:03:13

Yeah i bet !
    I had "interesting" roommates when i was living in Brighton, so disgusting and loud and every night they were snorting coke on the coffee table...
    I quickly searched for another flat :lol:
  • OrcadianSky

Puits de lecture

#67 16 Novembre 2017 23:11:18

omg!! I would've killed someone in that situation! XD.
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#68 16 Novembre 2017 23:25:50

:lol:
    It was very peculiar, especially the 1st night i arrived, i was in shock :lol:
    I was trying to access the internet in the living room and i saw them doing that... at first i thought i was hallucinating since i've never seen that except on Tv :lol: so i was looking at them quite strangely i believe, and one the guys asked me i wanted to try :lol: Needless to say that i refused, it was like "Requiem for a dream" :lol:
    But, apart from that, they weren't mean or dangerous, just totally out of it...

Dernière modification par Elizewyn (16 Novembre 2017 23:27:00)

• OrcadianSky

Puits de lecture

#69 17 Novembre 2017 07:43:17

This reminds me of this guy doing a line of coke on a CD during a rave in the woods when I was in Denmark. It was 12 km from town, a friend and I made a fire on the beach to stay warm and waited for the first morning bus. Gorgeous sunrise at 4am.
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#70 18 Novembre 2017 19:46:50

Interesting memories ^^
    The guy with the coke is weird :lol:, but still be up to watch to sunrise is beautiful ! :) I did it one time after a party, the sunrise overlooking a river in one of the bridges in Strasbourg, it was breathtaking :)