Which book are you reading this week?

• beckygirly

Collectionneur de pages

#161 24 Décembre 2016 12:51:48

Hi,

I'm currently reading Battle Royal in English (I'm a little bit lost for the moment with all the names in Japanese) and I also began yesterday Sparkling Cyanide, by Agatha Christie (feat. Hercule Poirot). Both are good, and I like what I'm reading. Hope I'll finish one of these by the end of the year.

I wish you a Merry Christmas by the way, enjoy!
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#162 24 Décembre 2016 17:48:36

I'm currently reading The book thief by Markus Zusak and i definitely recommend it, it's such a beautiful book, very touching, i'm loving it :heart:
  • Pilipote

Livraddictien débutant

#163 18 Février 2017 20:29:39

Hello,

I've just finished the three books of James Bowen (biography).
    I'm really sad and frustrated that there are no more.
    I liked them very much.
    Three "feel good" books, easy to read.
    But I think they changed me a little.

Pilipote
  • Pilipote

Livraddictien débutant

#164 18 Février 2017 20:35:14

Hello,
    I'm not sure that's the place to raise my question but I think you could help.

I'm looking for a story happening in New York.
    Preferably,  I would like a "feel good" book but I would be please with advise of a good book happening in New York City. Even if it's another kind of reading.

Thank you a lot.
  • Salem

Lecteur initié

#165 02 Avril 2017 19:02:34

Pilipote a écrit

Hello,
    I'm not sure that's the place to raise my question but I think you could help.

I'm looking for a story happening in New York.
    Preferably,  I would like a "feel good" book but I would be please with advise of a good book happening in New York City. Even if it's another kind of reading.

Thank you a lot.

Hello, you could try a book by Lauren Weisberger, she generaly writes about the NY life, and it is chick lit, so quite like feel good books.

• Salem

Lecteur initié

#166 02 Avril 2017 19:06:33

I am currently reading Babyji by Abha Dawesar, an indian book published in 2005. It's about the middle class life in India, the caste system, and the problems of women in this country stucks between tradition and modernity. A very interesting book !
  • Marine dans un livre

Improvisateur de marque-pages

#167 17 Avril 2017 18:07:55

I'm reading Forbidden, by Tabitha Suzuma, and I really like it so far !
    The topic is very interesting and uncommon. I've seen some people feel disturbed by it, but I don't have any problem with it, as the characters are presented more like friends than brother and sister. I hope I can finish it this week ! :)
  • Carla Black Cat

Baby lecteur

#168 09 Mai 2017 18:57:20

I'm currently reading A Court of Wings and Ruins by Sarah J. Maas. I love this serie so much ! The begining of ACOWAR was great, but now it's slower. I hope I'll finishing it soon, I'm already reading that book for 6 days :D
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#169 09 Mai 2017 21:09:01

Carla Black Cat a écrit

I'm currently reading A Court of Wings and Ruins by Sarah J. Maas. I love this serie so much ! The begining of ACOWAR was great, but now it's slower. I hope I'll finishing it soon, I'm already reading that book for 6 days :D

6 days is not that long ;) , especially if you don't get to spend all your time reading (which i'd love to do by the way, going to work and stopping my reading is very frustrating)
    I'm currently reading the first book of the Maze Runner series, i'm almost done and i love it ! Can't wait to know the ending and begin the 2nd book :)

• CelebAngel

Englouti sous les livres

#170 13 Juin 2017 10:21:44

Hey guys,

It's the first time I'm wandering on this section of the forum. I think it's a great idea to include a section where people can write in a foreign language so they can improve their skills. As far as I'm concerned, I love English. I watch all the TV Shows directly in English (sometimes I even watch them live on a stream because I hate having to wait), I used to blog in English and, of course, I read a lot in English.

Right now, I'm reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians : The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. I have only read a hundred pages so far but I like it. It's funny and really well written.

That's it for today !
    Have a fantastic day :)