Objectif : Écrire dans une langue étrangère un peu chaque jour !

• Truculent_ichneumon

Dévaliseur de rayonnages

#91 18 Avril 2020 19:08:24

Aealo : I'm happy to see you here ! Maybe you could try to do some jokes with words in English =D.

Like beckygirl I feel like I spend all my time working and reading. I'm learning how to drive a car so sometimes I drive my parents to the supermarket (of course I don't come in with them, I stay in the car with my book and the radio), and sometimes strange things happend to me. Wednesday I went to Leclerc and when I parked the car there I had the choice between two places and I choose the one left. Then a man came in a very noisy car - my windows were open - so I looked what he wanted to do, and actually I wanted to park just at my right. So he turned, very fast (I was a little bit anxious), and then I heared a big "BAM !" : he hurted the back of the car at his right, and there where a big hole in. I was shocked and I felt sad for the poor guy, but also very lucky. If I had chosen the place at the right the big hole would have been in my mother's BMW :goutte:...
  • Aealo

Lecteur fou

#92 19 Avril 2020 14:03:38

I've a question for everybody. Which apps do you use to learn or practise languages?

@beckygirl : Hello! When I was student, languages lesson were always my pet peeve... But now it's for fun so it's easier and more soft. I'm learning Japanese more intensely tha n Korean. Learning Hiraganas is a real challenge! :D

@Truculent_ichneumon : I just discovered this part of forum yesterday! ^^ Jokes in English are more difficult and less funny than in French! :D If you're able to do it! Why not!
    It's great to learn driving! ^^ Driving is freedom! ;)
    It happens... It's pity but it happens... If you're too anxious as the man in your story, it's dangerous but if you're too relax is not better. When you drive, you must be just attentive to you and almost to the others drivers not stressed. Not too fast not too slow : driving is a fair balance... Good luck to your learning!

My enthusiasm to come here helped me to use my Duolingo (English and Spanish) again! :D

Dernière modification par Aealo (19 Avril 2020 14:03:55)

• beckygirly

Collectionneur de pages

#93 19 Avril 2020 15:28:55

I don't use any apps, I just read and watch films/series in English.

@Aealo: that's funny cause languages were my favourite subjects at school.
    I understand what you mean, it's always better when you do something for yourself and for fun^^.

@Truculent_ichneumon: well, unfortunately for the man, things like that can happen when you're going too fast. I like driving, but I'm tired of having to pay attention to the other drivers. Seriously, I almost had 2 accidents in a row because of careless people...

Well, this morning I checked my challenges and tried to find books that could work. So now it's time to read!
  • Caedy

Casual lecteur

#94 19 Avril 2020 16:38:49

Hi there !

During the lock down, I try to improve my language skills (in English and Japanese), to practice yoga and meditation daily regularly and learn for the driving theory test. Otherwise, I spend a lot of time reading, listening to podcast and playing Animal Crossing on switch.

beckygirly : Languages were one of my favourites subjects at well when I was in school.
    2 accidents in a row ! And you still driving ?! I feel like I would be mortified if something like this happened to me :faischaud

Truculent_ichneumon : Oh my ! I would be so stressed out if I were you ! To be honest, other drivers are one of the reason why I not so keen on passing driving test :X.

Aealo : I don't use any app for English.
    However, for Japanese, I'm using Memrise (It's quite expensive but you could learn English, Spanish and Korean as well on it) for learning new words and grammatical structure. I learn kanji with a book then I revise with flashcards on Japanese (but I don't really trust the app as a dictionary). Back then, when I learned Hiragana and Katakana, I used Hiraganapp and Katakanapp which are free and pretty good (each kata is associated with a mnemonic image. It work very well for me: two weeks after, I known all of them by heart.)

こんにちはみんな!
    お元気ですか?私は悲しんでいます。(Actually I'm not really sad, I'm just a bit upset because I don't know what else to say)
  • Truculent_ichneumon

Dévaliseur de rayonnages

#95 20 Avril 2020 21:33:15

I don't use any app for English, I think my English class is enough for me :goutte:.
    Thank you very much, I'd like everybody on the road would be as nice as you =) ! But unfortunately when most of the others drivers see the sticker "accompanied driving" at the back of my car they do not very nice things, like be very close behind me or double me in the town even if I go at the higher speed allowed. But driving is a great experience !
    I try to doo some yoga to, and I really enjoy it. Some positions are very good for me, and after I feel really zen.
  • OrcadianSky

Préposé aux marque-pages

#96 21 Avril 2020 00:58:28

Caedy a écrit

Hey hey :cachecache:

Truculent_ichneumon : Phew ! I felt so lonely ! I'm so glad to see you in here and hope you'll be as engaged in this topic as you are in another. :clapi:
    As OrcadianSky said, I'm curious to know what are you about lately.

OrcadianSky : 私は日本語を少し話せます。私は小学校の教師です。お仕事は何ですか?オーカジャンスカイさんも先生ですか?
    I keep on in English because my Japanese is too poor :lol: : It's so cool you've been in Scotland for almost 7 years ! How is it to leave there ? One day, I would like to visit this country.
    What are you studying or teaching ? ( せんこうは何ですか?*not sure about that*)
    Tbh I'm not sure if I fully understand what you've meant. I think that you're either a Uni lecturer or a teacher who studying in college at the same time...:grat:)

私も教師ですけど、中学校の先生です。フランス語を教えます。
    I don't know if I'd write OrcadianSky as you wrote it. Maybe オーケーデャンスカイ since Orcadian is pronounced O:keeeedian. Lol.

Everyone: hello.

I moved to Scotland in August 2013 to work in a few schools as a language assistant in Orkney. Then I did my PGDE at Glasgow University to become a secondary language teacher. I've been teaching since I passed my degree a few years ago.
    But now I'm also doing a master FLE online with the University of Artois so I can work with adults anywhere I want (if there's a job, that is...).

Indeed Scotland is a beautiful place and most people are very welcoming. Of course, you will also find deprived areas with a lot if socio-economical issues. Being a teacher in one of the worst school was very difficult. No wonder I resigned and found a new job in another school. Feel better now.
    Nearly 4 weeks Prozac-free. Yoohoo!

Dernière modification par OrcadianSky (21 Avril 2020 00:59:25)

• beckygirly

Collectionneur de pages

#97 21 Avril 2020 10:21:38

Hey!

@Caedy: well, I don't have a choice if I want to go to work or simply by things. I live in a very small place (a lieu-dit) without any shops. But I'm used to crazy drivers as I used to drive in Marseille xD.

@Truculent_ichneumon: don't worry, they tend to do the same with everyone: stick to the car, then overtake you like crazy (just before or even in turns for me). You have to learn not to stress too much and keep calm, something I tend to forget lol.

@OrcadianSky: Impressive! How is it doing a new degree and teaching at the same time? Do you cope with it?
    Got another question: you said you resigned and found another job in another school: how does it work when you want to change school? I don't know anything about the system which seems to be completely different from ours. (I'm very curious, sorry).

Hope you're fine. I don't have any motivation today as it's cloudy and windy; I just want to lay in bed and do nothing.
  • OrcadianSky

Préposé aux marque-pages

#98 21 Avril 2020 12:28:06

It's a lot of work but I work part time. After my relapse and resignation I chose to work fewer days a week to have more time for myself. I see the difference on my bank account haha.

As for teaching jobs here, we don't have that stupid system called "Capes + wedding with EducNat". You do your teaching qualification and voila. You look for jobs, apply and get one. My employer is the local council (in my case Aberdeenshire council), not the government. There is an independant body called the General Teaching Council for Scotland that takes care of registering teachers and make sure they are fit for purpose. Every teacher has a personal profile they must update with CPDs and anything that has a positive impact on their practice. The GTCS sets the standards we have to reach and apply. Every teacher in Scotland must be registered with the GTCS.
    Education Scotland is responsible for the curriculum.
    HMIe is responsible for inspection. Those two work together. Of course, the Education Secretary, John Swinney, is involved too.

Jobs advertisments are published on a specific website for governmental and local jobs, called Myjobscotland. I have an accounth through which I applied.
    After the deadline, you get a notification. Either it's negative, either you get an interview which takes place in school, usually with senior management team members and the head of the department you'll be working in. You usually get an answer later during the day to tell you whether you get the job or not.

Dernière modification par OrcadianSky (22 Avril 2020 11:15:36)

• Caedy

Casual lecteur

#99 23 Avril 2020 18:08:53

Hello everyone !

I'm curious, how many languages do you speak or are you learning to ?

OrcadianSky : ごめん、オーケーデャンスカイさん。
    オーケーデャンスカイさんは何語を話しますか ?
    Well-done of your antidepressant-emancipation ! I know that it's really challenging to get rid of it. :pompom:
    I'm happy to read that you're happier in your new school. With your FLE degree you'll be totally free to each anywhere you want. Do you think to keep teaching to teenagers in Scotland after you get your diploma or you have another "dream job" in mind ?

beckygirly : I see. I live in a city so I can go around without any car and, as you said, there "crazy drivers" all around... It doesn't make me want to learn to drive with them nearby :goutte:

Have a nice day
  • OrcadianSky

Préposé aux marque-pages

#100 24 Avril 2020 03:37:51

Caedy
    フランス語と英語ができます。少しデンマーク語を詰します。今、イタリア語とスワヒリ語を勉強している。面白いと思います。

I don't know if I have a dream job but I like the idea of travelling and teaching adults. I might createmy own company who knows.
    I like it here in Aberdeen. Got friends and activities lije drama and music. It's a cool city with a good local rock scene!