Objectif : Écrire dans une langue étrangère un peu chaque jour !

• beckygirly

Collectionneur de pages

#101 25 Avril 2020 11:51:39

@OrcadianSky: thanks for your detailed answer :) It sure is completely different from what we have in France. But what do you do if you can't find a job in your city? (Thinking mostly about people with families).
    Hope you can create your company! That would be really great!
    I've never been to Aberdeen, but it sounds nice. I'd love to go back to Scotland and discover other parts of the country.

@Caedy: You're lucky! I understand your feeling, no need to go hasty when you don't really have to drive.
  • OrcadianSky

Préposé aux marque-pages

#102 25 Avril 2020 11:55:15

There's a lot of schools around. If no jobs, you can relocate to another part of the country and get the removal costs reimbursed. Got money back when I moved to Orkney and when I moved to Fraserburgh.
    And if you really want to stay where you are, you can do supply teaching (there's always need of them) or change subject/sector if you can.

Dernière modification par OrcadianSky (25 Avril 2020 11:56:11)

• Truculent_ichneumon

Dévaliseur de rayonnages

#103 30 Avril 2020 14:35:14

Hello ! Has everybody again disappear :lol: ? I hope there's somebody reading this words !
    To these (I hope not hypothetic) persons, I'd like to ask : We all know now that OrcandianSky live in the United Kingdom, but you, where are you from ? And maybe where would you like to move ?
    I'm looking for your answers !
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#104 30 Avril 2020 15:18:52

I'm going to finally take this opportunity to answer =D I wanted to before, but always forgot :lol:
    I'm from France originally, like many members of livraddict ;) But i'm currently living in New Zealand, (or Aotearoa, which is the Maori name, that i personally like better) in Wellington specifically :heart: I've been living there for a year, and originally had a one year visa, but because of the covid pandemic, lots of visas have been extended until September, so if i can find work again, (fingers crossed !) i'm gonna stay until then. It's gonna be so hard to leave actually, because i'm so in love with this country, this city as well, the mentality, and my boyfriend lives there as well...

If you have the chance to visit, (when we do get back to a more "normal" world of course) do it ! i can't recommend it enough, such a beautiful country :heart:
  • OrcadianSky

Préposé aux marque-pages

#105 30 Avril 2020 18:07:36

I wish I could to NZ it looks so beautiful.
    Maybe one day I'll be able to say I live in Scotland instead of the UK. Really, the rest of the UK can keep BoJo and the Tories since they love them so much.
    =D
  • beckygirly

Collectionneur de pages

#106 02 Mai 2020 11:59:07

@OrcadianSky: thanks for the answers. So different from here, but in a good way.

@Truculent_ichneumon: sorry, I went back to work this week so I didn't take time to come here. I'm from the south-east of France, from the Alps. When I was younger I wanted to live in the USA, but changed my mind when I saw the Lord of the Rings and fell in love with New-Zealand. I can't move there, but I'd love to visit one day. Fingers crossed.
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#107 02 Mai 2020 16:36:50

Yeah come to New Zealand girls ! :D (well, not right now, anyway, the borders are gonna be closed for a while...)
    I wish Scotland would come back in Europe... I wanted to live there, but the brexit changed it all sadly :(
  • Caedy

Casual lecteur

#108 08 Mai 2020 12:42:32

Hey there !

OrcadianSky : 私は英語を話せます。私は日本語を少し話せます。学校ではジャーマン語とスペイン語とアラビア語とスウェーデン語を勉強していました。オーケーデャンスカイさんすごい!私もそう思います。:clapi:

Trucmuche :sifflote: : I have lived my entire life in France but I have traveled quite a lot. I dream to live in Tokyo since I've been there (actually since I'm 13 yo but even more now ; To be honest I think I could lived in every town I've visited there) and I think I would love to live in Bristol as well. Those are cities were I felt like "home" even though I haven't spent a long time there. And you ? Where are you from ? Where would you like to move ?

Elizewyn : I wish I could visit New-Zealand. This country seems marvelous :heart:. I hope you can find work as soon as the quarantine over. What kind of jobs are you looking for ?

beckygirly : Thanks for the supportive message about driving. You're so lucky to live there ! When I went in Switzerland I was so spellbounded by the landscape :pink:. May I ask why you can't move to NZ ? I hope you can visit there safely pretty soon *prayerhands*

Have a lovely day :pompom:
  • Chatauxlivres

Surfeur des couvertures

#109 08 Mai 2020 13:03:05

Hi there !

It's a really cool idea ! I like it :)

For me, it's just in english. Unfortunalety my german is very bad (yes I'm living in Switzertland but in my region, the schweizerdeutsch is very awful and we don't like this langage :jeboude:)
  • Truculent_ichneumon

Dévaliseur de rayonnages

#110 08 Mai 2020 15:09:21

Hello ! I'm really happy to see you here ! :lol:
    Personly I live in Normandy, in Caen. I like this town very much even if we don't have a lot of sun. And the seaside is not far away, it's so cool ! But actually I'd like to move to Paris next year to study. My grandparents and a lot of aunts and uncles from my mother's side live there, so I already know the city. My dream is to move far away, like in Australia or in Island. I'd really like to live in Island because there are a lot of snow and savage horses there.
    New Zealand and Japan are fine places too ! :D
    My german is also very bad :goutte:. But I could try to write some sentences ! :lol: