How do you define yourself?

• Bambi_slaughter

Chouchou des imprimeurs

#21 08 Octobre 2010 15:01:03

Well-read-kid a écrit

especially after an hour in a crowded bus...

I see what you mean ...
    One day, when I was in a bus - in a sit place 'cause I took the bus at the beginning of its line - and there were a lot of people. Also, I remember that a adult man (40-50 years old) was standing beside me and his shopping bag did not stop to hit my head. So I ask him if he could put his bag on the floor and he replied me : "Fuck you" ... And there were also a woman who said "oh, you're not standing, you don't have to complain" 
    I don't know how people do, but if I were him, I just put my bag between my legs. I think it's a question of respect.

But, you got funny folks in a public transport. Last year, I saw a man in the subway who have an old pink telephone handset (the big one) and he talked to the subway "don't be worry, I know it is the crisis but all is gonna be all right" or less funny, a old man sat on my knees, I proposed to him my place and he made "un caca nerveux" in front of people. And when he left he said : "I remember of it for ever !"

Dernière modification par Bambi_slaughter (08 Octobre 2010 15:03:21)

• Well-read-kid

Super-Livraddictienne

#22 08 Octobre 2010 15:32:42

Each morning, when I take the suburbs train to go to Paris, I'm lucky enough to be able to sit because my station is before the big ones...But I'm often pissed by people.

Case n°1 : it was 8 o'clock and a guy sat down in front of me. He was eating a big sandwich (remember, it was 8 !) like a pig, pieces of bread got everywhere, and he burped at least twice. When he finally left, he "forgot" the remains of his meal on the seat. Disgusting !

Case n°2 : You're going back home, you're tired after a day of work, and there is this stupid teenager just yelling at her cell phone as if the further the person over the phone is, the louder she has to be. You just can't focus on your book. It is always like that, people talking or laughing as if they were alone. I almost forgot those who listen to their crappy music out loud.

Just add one or two people with an odor issue, and people who let their bags between the seats, preventing you from leaving the train...And when there are a lot of people, sometimes, people won't move, even if you're yelling "come on, I have to get down that damn train, let me out !".

Yeah. That's why I've decided to get my driving licence.

Dernière modification par Well-read-kid (08 Octobre 2010 15:33:02)

• Nathalie

Ex-Team

#23 08 Octobre 2010 16:02:21

Wow...  I'm taking the train and the bus every day and I haven't experienced anything like that, I must say. Only people snorting, it seems to be something usual here and I hate it, and the occasional drunkard who smells like alcohol but doesn't bother his neighbours otherwise.  That's about it.  I might be particularly lucky.
  • FrenchDawn

Doctelecteur

#24 08 Octobre 2010 17:01:08

A word to definite myself? "Strange". =D

Because I was a strange child, a strange teenager, and...I'm a strange adult. And I love it because I think normality is terribly boring!
  • Well-read-kid

Super-Livraddictienne

#25 08 Octobre 2010 20:20:17

I agree ! If one calls me "normal", I find it insulting !
  • evertkhorus

Cajoleur de couvertures

#26 10 Octobre 2010 18:00:38

I take the train everyday to go to work here in London and people are just annoying. Comparing, the trains in France are so quiet and peaceful... Phone, talking and laughing so loud. So hard to read.... Very annoying.

Anyway... one word : curious
    One sentence : I am curious to discover everything and anything in the world and to learn more.
  • Book inn Sofa

Surfeur des couvertures

#27 10 Octobre 2010 18:32:51

Good idea :baby:

Only one word: I would say emotive

I'm always touched by things happening around me. I could be furious, silent, sad, hyper-active ( the most of the time :angel: )

Dernière modification par Virginiie (10 Octobre 2010 18:33:15)

• rascasse

Baby lecteur

#28 22 Octobre 2010 16:07:49

In one word : writing
      In one sentence : once upon a time...

It's not easy to describe myself with only a few words but it appears like a game. In reality, I'm an old fisher-man who likes writing and hope to be a day recognize as a writer. There's no time for hope ! Is'n it ?
  • Finlandia

Livraddictien débutant

#29 24 Novembre 2010 20:26:03

well... I don't know...
    In one word : escapist
    In one sentence : I weep to have what I fear to lose

Actually I can't really describe myself with only one word ^^ It's a mix between ocean, escapist, emotive and strange ^^
    Why escapist ? 'cause I'm always away in my mind, I'm always in my own world...
    Ocean 'cause it's unpredictable and clear at the surface but so dark at bottom...
  • AnGee

VIP des bibliothèques

#30 17 Juillet 2013 20:58:50

If I had to define myself in one word... I would say "bulletproof". Because I've been through so many bad things that now it's very difficult to know me, and to hurt me too.