Which book are you reading this week?

• Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#151 27 Octobre 2016 14:16:30

Ailee a écrit

elizewyn a écrit

I haven't read it but i wanted to, what don't you like about it ?
    If you really not enjoying yourself, maybe you should try to read something else ? Do you read in english often ?

I feel like I don't really understand the story : at the 100th page, i finally understood that there were two different characters who were telling their story chapter by chapter... I didn't know that ! So I think i need to re-read all of it, start over. (since i've began this book a long time ago like i said)

I read other books other than this one, for sure. But i still have my bookmark inside of this one and i really want to finish it. (I don't like to not finish a book actually ...) I do read English books, well i read about 5 or 10 books in English for now.

Yes maybe by re-reading it you might enjoy it more ;)

• Anaverbania

Lecteur confirmé

#152 22 Novembre 2016 14:43:50

Hi :) I am reading Wuthering Height, and I really enjoy it! :grimaces:
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#153 22 Novembre 2016 21:39:47

Anaverbania a écrit

Hi :) I am reading Wuthering Height, and I really enjoy it! :grimaces:

I tried to read it as well, a few years back, and i really couldn't get into the story, but i think classics are not really meant for me :lol:
    It's great if you really enjoy it :)

• Littleodessa

Improvisateur de marque-pages

#154 23 Novembre 2016 12:26:28

I'm reading Harry Potter and the cursed child, i'm really happy to can do this reading in english ! I enjoy Harry Potter's stories a lot :pink:
  • OcéLitAussi

Lecteur confirmé

#155 25 Novembre 2016 22:59:59

I just finished Thirteen Reasons Why written by Jay Asher, and... I have to say that I almost cried. But, well, I almost cry each time I read a book which is about suicide or depression or something like that. I think I have a sort of masochistic side ahah.
    Then, tonight or tomorrow I'm reading the first book of Mara Dyer series : The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. I borrowed it from the multimedia library of the city in which I have my classes. I can't wait to begin my reading !
  • beckygirly

Collectionneur de pages

#156 27 Novembre 2016 10:18:00

I don't have a lot of time and it's been like a fortnight since I've begun reading Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. It's ok for the moment, but we only have the heroin describing her new life in her new home, with her new husband. I don't really see where the story is going, and as the novel is classified detective novel, I'm really intrigued to discover what's gonna bring a change in the story. I hope I can finish it this week, that would be really great.
  • Littleodessa

Improvisateur de marque-pages

#157 27 Novembre 2016 21:53:29

I finished Jane Eyre friday, and I began Brooklyn, a Toibin's novel. I enjoy the story but I  can't be totally in this story because of the style of writing. I don't know why ... to refine !
  • Anaverbania

Lecteur confirmé

#158 06 Décembre 2016 16:50:25

Hi everyone! This week I read in French, Une Vie - Guy de Maupassant. I am really enjoying this book. :)
  • Wakanda

Petit joueur sur les mots

#159 09 Décembre 2016 20:04:23

I'm reading If i stay .

Dernière modification par Wakanda (09 Décembre 2016 20:04:42)

• utopiedesmots

Néophyte de la lecture

#160 09 Décembre 2016 20:22:31

I'm reading fifty shades of grey as told by Christian I think it's a good idea to have his point of view so can't wait to read the end :)