Which book are you reading this week?

• Taramilka

Chercheur de mots

#21 21 Août 2013 17:40:17

Hello,

I'm reading Under the dome because I started few days ago the serie which is quite good.
    The book is interesting too but I found it different of the serie. The characters are not always the same, some present in the serie aren't in the book and vice versa.
  • Cookies

Lecteur averti

#22 21 Août 2013 19:53:13

:aouh: I loved this book! And I too am trying follow the TV serie, but I much prefer the book! I was amazed by some of the characters, too differents for me.
  • LesYeuxPlusGrosQueLeTemps

Marin sur les mers du savoir

#23 04 Septembre 2013 22:13:04

Hi ! I read Mercy Thompson in french at the moment.
    But then I'll read Obsidian first book and I'm really excited everybody talk it and it's seems so interesting and amazing !
    Does anyone ever read this book?
  • AnGee

VIP des bibliothèques

#24 05 Octobre 2013 21:37:00

Well, I've just started the Castle of Otranto, by Horace Walpole. My teachers in licence always talked about that book, so when I found it in my library last week, I decided to read it! I'm still in the first chapter (I've started it like 30 minutes ago xD) but I enjoy it. Walpole's style is really interesting, it makes me think of Poe's short stories, and as I love Poe...
  • beckygirly

Collectionneur de pages

#25 08 Octobre 2013 11:54:49

I think I'm gonna start Artemis Fowl, since it has been in ma PAL for some time now.

@AnGee Ersatz: Otranto is very good, quite surprising actually, but i enjoyed it.
  • AnGee

VIP des bibliothèques

#26 08 Octobre 2013 22:03:41

@Becky: I agree, this book is really good! I enjoyed it!

So, now I'm reading Du Domaine des Murmures, written by Carole Martinez. The author's style is beautiful, she is very talented. The story is a strong one, and it actually takes place in my hometown!
  • Gloewen

Chercheur de mots

#27 11 Octobre 2013 19:12:19

Hi everybody!
    I'm in England and I must improve my english so I decided to read Harry Potter in english.
    For the moment, it's less difficult that I think but I only read the first chapter.
    I really enjoy to meet Harry Again!!

(if you see faults in my words, tell me)

• Aurelie91

Lecteur assidu

#28 11 Octobre 2013 19:28:14

Hi Gloewen I have read the first book of Harry Potter in English, it is really easy to understand don't worry ;)

This week I am reading Mes amis, mes amours written by Marc Levy. I confess that I am a little bit disappointed by this book, there is no really action in the history so sometimes it's really boring. Hopefully I am almost done with this book and then I will read Un avion sans elle from Michel Bussi for a common reading which will end the 31st of october.
  • meslivresmonrefuge

Lecteur timide

#29 30 Octobre 2013 21:58:04

I'll read " samantha bonne à rien faire" ! Hope i'll love this :)

transféré

Gloewen a écrit

Hi everybody!
    I'm in England and I must improve my english so I decided to read Harry Potter in english.
    For the moment, it's less difficult that I think but I only read the first chapter.
    I really enjoy to meet Harry Again!!

(if you see faults in my words, tell me)

I'm also trying to read Harry Potter 7 in english ! Good luck !

Edit Sia : la touche "Modifier" est là pour éviter le double-post, merci de l'utiliser.

• Jwann

Petit chimiste des mots

#30 27 Novembre 2013 18:57:58

This part of the forum doesn't seem to be very active but I would like to talk with anyone who wants.

This week I read "Seul dans Berlin" which is very interesting. It's about the life in Berlin during the World War II but that's not too serious as that kind of book is often. I like history but read about the past is often boring because a lot of novels are written as a history class. (I'm maybe not very clair, I cannot explain what I mean...) That's not at all the case here, the reader is following the life of several dwellers of the same building (the old jew woman, the pro-Hitler family, the postwoman...), their problems... I really like it. Of course I read it in English, my level in German isn't good enough and there's no interest to read a German book in English. Has someone read it yet ? What are you reading currently ?