Which book are you reading this week?

• Bisgy

Livraddictien débutant

#71 23 Janvier 2015 15:13:35

Hi! I'm reading The Making of Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes who was awarded the Pulitzer prize for this job.

The atomic bomb is a pretext for this author to describe the atmosphere in the US in the 40's, the rising of communism there and how racism reinforced it. I'm amazed by the description of how the USA helped USSR (and De Gaulle as well) to fight germans by sending war materials and money through the Northern Route... a route taken also by lot of secrets regarding the atomic bomb in development at Los Alamos.

A nice book for those who like history, conspiracy, hard science.

As usual, so many details that we can get lost.

I recommend for those who like to shade what they learned at school.

Damien

ps: who knows how to add a book in Lecture en cours? I do not find the way...
  • Lelf

A moitié noyé sous sa PAL

#72 23 Janvier 2015 15:28:25

To add a book to your "en cours" you look for it via the search function. There's a "I'm reading this book" choice for each book.
    If you can't find your book, then it's not in the database, you have to add it via Bibliomania (menu on top of the page) -> Ajouter un livre
  • Bisgy

Livraddictien débutant

#73 23 Janvier 2015 15:31:22

Lelf a écrit

To add a book to your "en cours" you look for it via the search function. There's a "I'm reading this book" choice for each book.
    If you can't find your book, then it's not in the database, you have to add it via Bibliomania (menu on top of the page) -> Ajouter un livre

Ah, many thanks for your help on this! I appreciate! I will take time during the WE to add the book in the database.

• Eole

Pèlerin des mots

#74 23 Janvier 2015 15:31:44

Hi !
    I'm finishing "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley and then I'll read "Animale" by Victor Dixen because the cover is sooooo beautiful !!!! <3
  • Marmelade

Livraddictien débutant

#75 29 Janvier 2015 14:00:31

Today, i'm finished "Unbreak me" and I've loved ! I saw many criticisms, but nevertheless  I have nothing to say.
  • mayartemis

Chercheur de mots

#76 29 Janvier 2015 15:13:08

Eole a écrit

Hi !
    I'm finishing "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley and then I'll read "Animale" by Victor Dixen because the cover is sooooo beautiful !!!! <3

Animale has been translated in englIsh ? Or are you reading it in french ?

As for me I'm still reading Cinder by Marissa Meyer, really like it so far even though there are a lot of predictable things.

• Lunatrix Lovestrange

Gollum littéraire

#77 29 Janvier 2015 16:49:26

I'm currently reading A Dance with Dragons by G.R.R. Martin, which is the 5th book from the A Song of Ice and fire series. I really want to know what happens next, but I know that when I finish this book, I'll have to wait an enormous amount of time until the next one... I really like it so far, eventhough there is not a lot of action for now =)
  • Dalaen

Néophyte de la lecture

#78 31 Janvier 2015 18:48:42

TetedeLitote a écrit

I'm currently reading A Dance with Dragons by G.R.R. Martin, which is the 5th book from the A Song of Ice and fire series. I really want to know what happens next, but I know that when I finish this book, I'll have to wait an enormous amount of time until the next one... I really like it so far, eventhough there is not a lot of action for now =)

When will the next one be released?

• Lunatrix Lovestrange

Gollum littéraire

#79 31 Janvier 2015 20:36:46

There is no publication date so far... He's not even done writing it yet !
  • Eole

Pèlerin des mots

#80 31 Janvier 2015 20:47:56

I read "Animale" in french, but now I'm starting "Dash and Lily's book of dares" by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn :)