Objectif : Écrire dans une langue étrangère un peu chaque jour !

• Jwann

Petit chimiste des mots

#11 20 Janvier 2016 14:14:32

You can write here whenever you want, I'm no one to judge you or so ;)

Ich habe keine Zeit genommen, um hier zu schreiben. Ich bin eine schlechte Schülerin ;) Aber für diese Woche habe ich eine gute Entschuldigung, weil ich nicht mein Computer habe und der alte, der ich nutze, ein Problem mit sein Klavier hat... Das ist nicht praktisch x)
    Trozdem habe ich Gestern mit Siri auf Deutsch  auf dem iphone meines Freundes gesprochen ^^
    Auf Wiedersehen !
  • TheClo

Chercheur de mots

#12 20 Janvier 2016 17:20:44

Hello everybody!
    I wanted to write here because I really enjoy to speak in english (I just had an english class one hour ago ^^). I like to watch TV series in english (with the subtitles of course) and read books in VO. I red Game of Throne in english, it was very cool even if it was also hard ^^
    I traveled in London two times, but I want to return just to see Harry Potter studio.
    I also traveled in America, in Atlanta with my high school in 2012, it was wonderful!
    Did you travel?
  • Invité

Invité

#13 20 Janvier 2016 21:07:55

Jwann
    Your german is so ... nice ! I studied german too and I acquired a good level and speaking. But I lost it ... I didn't want to persist in and I don't know why xD

TheClo
    I also traveled with school in England and Wales. I LOVED these travels ! And I realized I like english people and habits even if I stayed only 1 week.. Something attracts me out there !
    I also traveled in Greece but I didn't like that travel.. And I dream to travel again, it miss me !

I try to evolve in english but I don't know how to do because I don't have too much free time, so if you have any advice to me !

Dernière modification par BlackRose (20 Janvier 2016 21:08:22)

• beckygirly

Collectionneur de pages

#14 20 Janvier 2016 22:41:29

Me too, I went to England with my school. I've also been to the United States and Scotland twice, I spent some time in a city in England. And I'm planning my next trip to London during the next holiday.

@BlackRose: if you want to improve your English, you can read in this language, watch films and TV series with subtitles to begin with, and why not, have a penpal, someone with whom you can write in English. Could be a good thing to try.
  • Laxie

Lecteur timide

#15 28 Janvier 2016 00:40:28

So... Hi ! Maybe it's so late to be here ^^ I can't sleep and I don't know why ? Yes, I can't stop to Watch "Once Upon a Time" , I'm crazy about that ! ^^
  • beckygirly

Collectionneur de pages

#16 11 Février 2016 23:14:04

Hello guys, how are you?
    What are you doing these days? Any good reading?

I'm back from holiday, it was such a good time! I saw my very fisrt musical: The Book of Mormon, I couldn't stop laughing: it's very great, the songs are amazing, as the actors who blew me away.
    It's time now to go back to work and to reading.

Have a good night!
  • Invité

Invité

#17 14 Février 2016 20:18:49

Hello !
    I'm happy to see that one of my friend speaks english sometimes ! The others laugh a bit of it... but I find it pretty cool ! So maybe I have found someone to talk english :)
    I think more people may speak a common language with others, even if their studies aren't around literature. I find nice to communicate by another language, to change !

I began a new book and it's pretty captivating ! We can already feel the positions of the characters ..! ^^

Do someone knows short books in english in order to improve my english by reading some books ?

@beckygirly Where did you travel ?
    What is the Book of Mormon ?

Have a good night ! =^.^=
  • Bambi_slaughter

Chouchou des imprimeurs

#18 14 Février 2016 21:53:43

I really want to practice my english but it's not that easy ... I mean, you can find someone on the internet to speak with but I don't really like to chat with a stranger, I prefer discussion group like here. :D
    I know there are meetings of people in a cafe or a pub and they can speak together in english, spanish or any another langage. I hope someday, I will have the courage to go to one of these. I'm also scared of what people might think about my accent. When I speak english, I try not to speak with a french accent. Well, I have it, I can't totally hide it but I don't want to speak like the italian man who went to Malta (it's a funny video, check it on Youtube ^^).Lately I saw 2 videos on Youtube and at one moment, they talked about Mr Robot and they both said "Mr RRRobott" the "r" in a french way and the end of the word in an english way. That's sound weird, I think ... And is it too hard to prononce "robot" like english speakers do ? =D I just one word, you can make that effort. XD

I'm scared that people think I'm showing off when I say, e.g, CIA like the americans . By the way, do you know why in France or maybe in Belgium or Switzerland, we say FBI like the americans but we say CIA with french pronunciation ?

Regarding oral understanding, I watch Tv shows in english with french subtitles  but it would be nice if I could find a website where you can watch the episodes online but with english subtitles. It would be better to watch them without any subtitles but it depends on the show. E.G, in House of cards, I need them because with all the American politics, it's not easy but for other shows, I think I can understand 80 %. Yesterday and today, I was watching Ray Donovan and I tried not to look at the bottom of the screen but it is quite difficult because my eyes see the  screen as a whole and they see the bottom part with the subtitles ^^
    And that's funny when people said they don't like to see a movie with subtitles because they think they're going to focus only on the words and not be able to see what's going on screen. ^^ That's maybe true the first time when you're not used to but if you keep doing this, you won't have the feeling to read and you can enjoy the movie. And well, except for animated movies, I think dubbing really sucks and sounds no natural at all. :D
  • Invité

Invité

#19 17 Février 2016 18:40:08

@Bambi_slaughter You're right, we see our accent as a really problem when we have to speak ! Many of us think its is horrible to hear for strangers but I think it's like hearing strangers speak french !
    I didn't know that these grouyps exist ! It could be very interresting to improve our spoken ! Not as much as a travel in a country but it could be nice ^^

About talking "frenglais" it could be weird yes ! But sometimes I have a felling that american people gargle when they're speaking !

I like watching series in original version with subtitles because I think sometimes we understand better the meaning of a sentence. I tried it with Teen Wolf : half in french, half in english with subtitles in english. I found the english version more explicit and simple ! And the voice are pretty good too. And I think dubbing are horrible sometimes in some series or TVmovies ... !

Do you have exemple with horrible dubbing ? (I want to laugh :P)

=^.^=

Dernière modification par BlackRose (17 Février 2016 18:41:07)

• Bambi_slaughter

Chouchou des imprimeurs

#20 17 Février 2016 20:46:00

One day, I saw The Walking dead in french. I don't really know if it's awful but when you are used to the real voices of the actors, the french voices sound weird in your ears. And for TWD, I'm thinking of Daryl's voice. :D