Suggestions ?

• Lilie BLC

Livraddictien débutant

#1 18 Juillet 2017 18:29:28

Hi !

I'm Belgian et I want to speak English. I'm starter, and i would get better. So.. Have you got any ideas of readings for a starter ? (I think I make a lot of mistake, sorry.. :goutte:)

I  also search a penfriend or a teacher.

Thanks ! :pouceleve:
    • Ave

Mécène des éditeurs

#2 18 Juillet 2017 18:40:26

Any YA books. They're written for young readers so easily understable. If you lack of vocabulary, you just need to have a dictionary with you.

My 1st one was Before I fall by Lauren Oliver. BTW, it's published again with a new cover because it's been adapted in a movie so if you haven't read it, do it. Make the stone kill 2 birds.
    • ReadingIsMagic

Espoir de la lecture

#3 12 Juillet 2022 00:42:32

Hi everyone!

Maybe it's time to revive this topic! I am looking for books to read in English (I like Fantasy, SciFi, history), any ideas and good suggestions?

Thank you :)
    • Chertograd

Casual lecteur

#4 12 Juillet 2022 12:01:39

Hi !

To get books for free in a short time, you can find easily the classical novels from great british and american authors. Brönte, Stoker, Poe, Conan Doyle, Shelley... Not the easiest to begin but very formative.
      They are available everywhere in digital format.

If you're searching for something newer, I highly recommand the Game of Thrones saga which is extremely well written.
      If you're more nostalgic, Harry Potter of course.
    • ReadingIsMagic

Espoir de la lecture

#5 12 Juillet 2022 14:18:18

Chertograd a écrit

Hi !

To get books for free in a short time, you can find easily the classical novels from great british and american authors. Brönte, Stoker, Poe, Conan Doyle, Shelley... Not the easiest to begin but very formative.
      They are available everywhere in digital format.

If you're searching for something newer, I highly recommand the Game of Thrones saga which is extremely well written.
      If you're more nostalgic, Harry Potter of course.

Thank you!
      I listened to the Harry Potter audiobooks a few years ago, still reading them might me a great idea as well.