How many english/foreigned books have you read in your entire life ?

Sondage - How much english/foreigned books have you read in your entire life ?

0 (I don't understand the question or I never tried)
5% - 16
1 (I tried but... not for me/too hard)
10% - 29
6% - 19
5% - 16
4% - 12
3% - 11
6-10 (included)
11% - 33
11-20
13% - 37
21-30
5% - 15
31... and beyond ! (c) Buzz
32% - 92

Total : 280

• Mypianocanta

Livraddictien de l'espace

#161 26 Avril 2011 14:24:00

I must say that it was for studies so only books on musicology !
    I just start to read other books this year :)
  • Francesca

Espoir de la lecture

#162 01 Mai 2011 12:43:18

I began to read books in English 2 years ago and it becomes more and more easier to read in this tongue, I'm very happy to be able to discover new amazing novels without waiting for the French release (even I have to admit French publishers are improving that). :)
  • Pikachu

Les doigts collés au papier

#163 01 Mai 2011 18:13:36

Francesca a écrit

I began to read books in English 2 years ago and it becomes more and more easier to read in this tongue, I'm very happy to be able to discover new amazing novels without waiting for the French release (even I have to admit French publishers are improving that). :)

That's funny: I also began reading books in English two years ago! Which book was it? I'm a bit curious, sorry.
    BTW, my (future) shelves are more and more filled with English books... And unfortunately, that doesn't mean I read more in this language these days (not much time to read, and French is much easier)!

• Julii

Marin sur les mers du savoir

#164 07 Mai 2011 17:37:22

0 is the good answer? lol
  • arlavor

Amant des romans

#165 07 Mai 2011 19:07:28

I can answer very easily this question. I read only 2 books in English during all my life. I read Harry Potter and the philosopher stone and The tenth kingdom because it doesn't exist in French.

• Venji

Improvisateur de marque-pages

#166 07 Mai 2011 22:26:52

I've receive yesterday The iron daughter and The iron queen by Julie Kagawa. They are the book 2 and 3 of the Iron fey series.
    Seriously guys read this books !
    The first book The iron king will be out in France next month under the name of La princesse maudit.
  • Pikachu

Les doigts collés au papier

#167 08 Mai 2011 10:31:07

Venji a écrit

I've receive yesterday The iron daughter and The iron queen by Julie Kagawa. They are the book 2 and 3 of the Iron fey series.
    The first book The iron king will be out in France next month under the name of La princesse maudit.

You're 16 and you already read in English? W. O. W.

• Venji

Improvisateur de marque-pages

#168 08 Mai 2011 13:54:06

Pikachu a écrit

Venji a écrit

You're 16 and you already read in English? W. O. W.

Thanks ^^
    But there's a lot of book that I don't understand in English, so I'm just reading YA novels (I read an excerpt of the Games of thrones and god I was lost ! XD)
    And reading in English is so much better !
    1. It's cheaper.
    2. Sometimes the covers are prettier.
    3. Sometimes translation in French are a complete disaster.

Dernière modification par Venji (08 Mai 2011 14:01:25)

• Lisou

Livraddictien débutant

#169 16 Mai 2011 21:05:41

I read three books in English : two for the school "The fifth child" by Doris Lessing, another I forgot the name honestly :(, and I started "Northern Stars" by Nora Roberts, but I didn't finish it... But it was pretty good, so I'll read all the book when I'll have some time!
  • chips

Livraddictien débutant

#170 21 Mai 2011 07:30:56

I read a lot in english maybe becausa I am living USA?!! Today I got two new book: the last one of Percy Jackson (it is 12:30 am here and I am going to start it. Can't wait. Drive me crazy.) and Delirium of Lauren Oliver. I loved Before I fall.