How many english/foreigned books have you read in your entire life ?

Sondage - How much english/foreigned books have you read in your entire life ?

0 (I don't understand the question or I never tried)
5% - 16
1 (I tried but... not for me/too hard)
10% - 29
6% - 19
5% - 16
4% - 12
3% - 11
6-10 (included)
11% - 33
11-20
13% - 37
21-30
5% - 15
31... and beyond ! (c) Buzz
32% - 92

Total : 280

• odakawoi

Baby lecteur

#171 21 Mai 2011 09:44:55

The british covers are too eye-catching/striking for me...
  • Kenza

Livraddictien débutant

#172 21 Mai 2011 10:14:21

I have not read a book in English :$ But I'm going remedied right away
  • Bykiss

Lecteur averti

#173 21 Mai 2011 22:49:41

Good evening everyone !

I've read approximatively 10 books up to now (English & Dutch). I'm Translation/Interpretation so I have to read books for school, but I also do it for my pleasure.

At this moment, I'm reading "Dead until dark" and it's really easy, so if there are people willing to read in English but who fear there won't be able to understand, this may be a good start :)
    (Of course you'd better like bit-lit)

If you have any suggestions of good books to read in English, let me know !
  • odakawoi

Baby lecteur

#174 23 Mai 2011 21:29:17

An interesting article about languages here : http://www.pcinpact.com/actu/news/63699 … ancais.htm !
  • Ginger

Lecteur initié

#175 23 Mai 2011 21:53:07

I think I might have read about 7-8 books in English by now. But I hope I will overbeat this score !
    Today, I bought The Inimitable Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse and the other day, Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. I'm sure I will enjoy both of them but ... I don't think I will have enough time before the GREAT holidays. Let's see then ...
  • jellybells

Commis de lecture

#176 25 Mai 2011 01:17:22

Hi guys!!!

I've read 33 books in english (in one year). And I'm reading number 34 & 35 ;)
    Maneater: a werewolf's tale by thomas Emson, & Fever book 1 by KM Moning

Nothin's betta' than the Original version!! XD
  • Taggy Warrior

Livraddictien débutant

#177 25 Mai 2011 04:18:34

I think I should have read about 20 books in English.

The last one was "The old man & the sea" by Hemingway buuut I couldn't manage to end it. Too bad.
  • Rose Lazare

Petit joueur sur les mots

#178 25 Mai 2011 11:42:00

I've read avout 17 books so far which is not much knowing that I read most of them for my studies (ahd I took English at Uni). however, I've got about 40 books waiting to be read in my bookcase and I'm going to take advantage of the Summer holidays to have a good reading time!
  • Seela

Bibliothécaire en chef

#179 04 Juin 2011 12:19:00

I honestly don't know. But I'm cheating because I studied English, and I'm now an English teacher. :)
  • InkofmyLife

Commis de lecture

#180 04 Juin 2011 22:03:05

tam a écrit

Nice!
    i've read only the 4 twilights in english but i have dead until dark in english too (i didn't read it yet!)^^
    what about you? You ask others but don't tell us about yoursel :p

Oh I'd love to read the twilight saga in English, I guess it's more appropriate than reading it in french, I dislike the bad translation :/
    What do you think?

Elizabeth-Bennet a écrit

Thirty-one and beyond as far as I'm concerned :P

Wow! Awesome! I'd like to start reading in English this summer and I have some books which seam interesting. Do you have any advice for me? Any specific book? Thanks a lot :)

surchatm a écrit

I tried The picture of Dorian Gray but the grammar is too complex for me.. I can read and understand quite well but it takes me YEARS to finish a book =)

Well, I strongly believe that practice makes you perfect right? I should give that advice to myself first, I'm just about to start :D

Venji a écrit

I've receive yesterday The iron daughter and The iron queen by Julie Kagawa. They are the book 2 and 3 of the Iron fey series.
    Seriously guys read this books !
    The first book The iron king will be out in France next month under the name of La princesse maudit.

You seem to be really addicted to this sery. I don't ruther the fantasy novels so..