How many english/foreigned books have you read in your entire life ?

Sondage - How much english/foreigned books have you read in your entire life ?

0 (I don't understand the question or I never tried)
5% - 16
1 (I tried but... not for me/too hard)
10% - 29
6% - 19
5% - 16
4% - 12
3% - 11
6-10 (included)
11% - 33
11-20
13% - 37
21-30
5% - 15
31... and beyond ! (c) Buzz
32% - 92

Total : 280

• Lau'

Lecteur timide

#11 02 Août 2010 21:14:52

I have read between 11 and 20 books in English (I have around 12 books or so in my own library, and I have borrowed the others), but that is not as much as I would like : I have several novels in my library which are waiting to be read !

Sita : Books are cheaper in English ? Really ? I don't think so. Well... where do you buy them ?
  • Sita

Empileur d étagères

#12 02 Août 2010 21:23:10

If you compare paperback editions, which are kind of the english equivalence of "poche" for us, it's cheaper. I pay between 6 and 10€ each on amazon (well I also buy from other sellers, but always using the amazon market place), while the average first edition of a french book (I'm talking about large ones) is between 12 and 20€...
    Of course it's not often the case when you have the choice between english paperback and french "poche", but for almost the same price, you've got a bigger edition and the author's own words :D
  • Taliesin

Correcteur Bibliomania

#13 02 Août 2010 21:24:57

I have checked 1, but it's not completely true, because I tried one book but it was too difficult for me, so I stopped. But I read currently comic-books in English, and now I am looking for THE book that can give me the envy to read in English...
    And before you tell it, I don't want to read Harry Potter in English, I like Harry Potter but I have no envy to read it again, and less in English...
  • Lyra Sullyvan

Accro des mots

#14 02 Août 2010 21:31:54

Between 21 and 30 for me, but not for long, 'cause I read more and more in English :)
  • Eden1487

Lecteur-express

#15 02 Août 2010 21:50:43

I already begun to read Twilight. No finished yet ^^
  • SebCargis

A la découverte des livres

#16 02 Août 2010 21:56:41

Lau' a écrit

Sita : Books are cheaper in English ? Really ? I don't think so. Well... where do you buy them ?

Please also note that in some case, one english book is separated in two french books ... And when you start a saga of 6 (or more) books in english, the french edition can be vastly more expensive ...

• Lau'

Lecteur timide

#17 02 Août 2010 22:37:13

Sita : Ok, I understand now :) But still, the 'poches' seems to be cheaper than the english equivalent 'Paperback', but compared to the french first edition the paperback definityvely worth it ! :)

Louppatient : Oh, you taught me something :D
  • Taliesin

Correcteur Bibliomania

#18 02 Août 2010 22:40:19

No the paperbacks are really cheaper than the "poches" but you musn't look on Amazon.fr, but on Amazon.co.uk or http://www.bookdepository.com where the shipping is free for France
  • Lau'

Lecteur timide

#19 02 Août 2010 22:51:18

Thanks Taliesin, I didn't know that website (i.e. Thebookdepository). Their books are new, aren't they ?
    (and yes, English books are not so expensive at least ^^)
  • Belgarion

Baby lecteur

#20 02 Août 2010 22:53:01

More than 31 (at least 40 for what i can remember) for the novel only.
    In addition, i must have read something close to a hundred comic books (TPB).