The bar, open all the day and all the night ! :D

• evertkhorus

Cajoleur de couvertures

#41 14 Février 2011 19:53:41

Same as you guys... living abroad makes you forget a lot of words or sayings. It's funny but very annoying. When you can speak franglish with some people it's fine. But when you speak to someone who does'nt know any english it can becomes very frustrating...

Speaking of the series, I watch too many american ones too. I have a very strong american accent now, which is not great since I live in the UK. So if anyone has good UK Tv shows to advise besides Skins, I'll be happy! ;)
  • Pikachu

Les doigts collés au papier

#42 14 Février 2011 20:48:20

I'm not different from you xD
    Sometimes I have the feeling that no French word match the idea I want to share... And it's not very easy at home (my relatives aren't very fond of foreign languages)!

Buy the way, sometimes, when I try to write in English, I use some words I didn't know I knew (not sure to be very clear :S). I mean I use a word, but if I have to do a list of the words I know, I wouldn't have put it... (not very much clear xD)
  • Luthien

Parent d une bébé PAL

#43 14 Février 2011 21:19:03

I feel it too sometimes. It's not especially that a French word can't explain my idea, it's just that I think about it in English because I certainly learned these words or this expression in English and there's not exactly a same way in French.
  • Lyra Sullyvan

Accro des mots

#44 20 Février 2011 09:59:41

evertkhorus a écrit

So if anyone has good UK Tv shows to advise besides Skins, I'll be happy! ;)

You can try Doctor Who (and it's spin off Torchwood), Merlin, Single Father, ... You'll find different UK accents. And they're awesome, so.. :D

• Sita

Empileur d étagères

#45 20 Février 2011 11:28:52

evertkhorus a écrit

Speaking of the series, I watch too many american ones too. I have a very strong american accent now, which is not great since I live in the UK. So if anyone has good UK Tv shows to advise besides Skins, I'll be happy! ;)

Besides of watch Lyra proposed (yes, yes, watch Doctor Who!), I've adored The IT Crowd (ashow about a nerd and a geek working in the IT departement) and Black Books (this one is about a weird asocial guy working in a book store)
    Those were created by the same guy, and the characters are absolutely hilarious :D

• FrenchDawn

Doctelecteur

#46 20 Février 2011 11:43:38

Lyra Sullyvan a écrit

evertkhorus a écrit

You can try Doctor Who (and it's spin off Torchwood), Merlin, Single Father, ... You'll find different UK accents. And they're awesome, so.. :D

AND Sherlock! More informations here. But series 1 has 3 episodes only. :(

Oh, and I forgot: you also have Life from Mars. It was a very good tv show!

Dernière modification par FrenchDawn (20 Février 2011 17:11:28)

• Miss Spooky Muffin

Mange-mots

#47 20 Février 2011 21:00:01

Aaaand... The League of Gentlemen, the best of the weird and gross English humor =)

• Touloulou

Accio Severus Snape

#48 20 Février 2011 21:08:37

FrenchDawn a écrit

Lyra Sullyvan a écrit

evertkhorus a écrit

AND Sherlock! More informations here. But series 1 has 3 episodes only. :(

Oh, and I forgot: you also have Life from Mars. It was a very good tv show!

I don't know if you've seen it, but there's also the Tudors, with Jonathan Rhys-Meyer.

• FrenchDawn

Doctelecteur

#49 19 Juin 2011 12:02:28

It's so quiet here!! Hey, people, where are you?? :'S
  • Max Hell

Lecteur professionnel

#50 19 Juin 2011 12:05:05

I'm here :D I began Torchwood :D For now I prefer Doctor Who ! :P