[LC VO] Proposals for the next LC VO

• Sita

Empileur d étagères

#21 05 Octobre 2011 21:53:26

What a lovely idea! Apparently nothing matches in my to-read pile so I'll just think about it and see if I come with something until the vote. But the ones you suggested already appeal me, I can't wait for the next LC :D
  • Miss Spooky Muffin

Mange-mots

#22 07 Octobre 2011 19:48:14

Let's leave that open until Sunday night and see if we have people interested to make a vote!
  • Lyra Sullyvan

Accro des mots

#23 07 Octobre 2011 22:42:26

I'll pass, I'm not a big fan of scary books, but enjoy! (it's not like I have time for other readings than those on my TBR pile, now)
  • Nathalie

Ex-Team

#24 07 Octobre 2011 22:59:12

I'm still reading the book for the last LC, shame on me...  And although I love LCs, I'm a bit weary of it now because I find it increasingly difficult to hold on to deadlines when I already struggle with several deadlines in other aspects of my life :s  But I'll keep an eye on this topic and try to participate if I can.
  • Miss Spooky Muffin

Mange-mots

#25 10 Octobre 2011 21:46:29

Alright guys, I'm not struggling to swim up that shower of suggestions, but hey, let's say that you were so impressed with mine that you couldn't find better... right... right...

Shall we do a proper vote ? How many are we ? If it's just for 3-4 people we can probably decide here... no ?
  • Flo_boss

Lecteur averti

#26 11 Octobre 2011 11:25:59

Yeah, I guess there's no need to create a new post for that vote.
    Since there are just six books and very few participants, shall we just give points to our favourite pick, from 1 to 3, and the highest score would win? I guess that'll be easier (in terms of finding the winner) that just picking 1 or 2 out of the list...
    Guys, what do you think?

PS: And sorry MSM for not having found any suggestion to complement your list, but yours already contains plenty of existing books!

Dernière modification par Flo_boss (11 Octobre 2011 11:26:59)

• Nathalie

Ex-Team

#27 11 Octobre 2011 11:52:07

Well, I'll start then: I don't plan to buy any books soon so my choice is limited to those available at the library, which are :
    - the thief of always
    - Mortlock
    - Apartment 16.

If you pick any of those I'll probably be part of the LC, otherwise I'll skip this one and come back for the next :)
  • InkofmyLife

Commis de lecture

#28 11 Octobre 2011 21:44:35

Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror seems a good one for me (not that I'll read it 'cause it's hard to find English books in Morocco) but anyway, tales are fun to be read!
  • Miss Spooky Muffin

Mange-mots

#29 12 Octobre 2011 15:25:53

OK, then mine would be:
    1. Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror
    2. Hunger
    3. Mortlock

Of course I love the Barkers but I already read them, so less fun for me. Nathalie, I can always lend you mine if we pick a book you don't have and you still want to read it...

Inkofmylife, I think bookdepository don't deliver to Morocco... but if you want one, you can always ask someone and we can send it to you! Those books are pretty cheap online and the shipping costs to Morocco for a single book cannot be that expensive ;)
  • Sita

Empileur d étagères

#30 13 Octobre 2011 21:40:57

Alright, I'd go for
    1- Apartment 16
    2- Hunger
    3- The Hellbound Heart

But I might as well participate if the one chosen isn't one of those three since I really like our rendez-vous. I'll see when the date is settled if I can read one of the three that appeal me less :)