Which book are you reading this week?

• Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#211 28 Janvier 2018 22:55:18

RoseGranger a écrit

Elizewyn a écrit

Sorenette a écrit

It's just very boring, probably because I already know the story because of the movies. But otherwise it's a great book!

I see, maybe there are more descriptions in the book ? I've seen the movies as well and i liked them, so maybe i'll find it boring as well ^^

I've also seen the films (they are awesome !) then I read the book and I liked it ! :)  I'm currenlty re-reading it in order to read the Lord of the Ring atfer.

Are you reading them in english ?
    That's my plan for this year, reading the hobbit and LOTR :)

• Lilie_s

Livraddictien débutant

#212 28 Janvier 2018 23:33:53

Hi !

I am currently reading Au bonheur des Dames, written by Emile Zola. I’ve already read it when I was younger and I wanted to read it again, now that I am older. :tim:
  • RoseGranger

Lecteur timide

#213 29 Janvier 2018 00:43:42

Elizewyn a écrit

RoseGranger a écrit

Elizewyn a écrit

I see, maybe there are more descriptions in the book ? I've seen the movies as well and i liked them, so maybe i'll find it boring as well ^^

I've also seen the films (they are awesome !) then I read the book and I liked it ! :)  I'm currenlty re-reading it in order to read the Lord of the Ring atfer.

Ah, that's a great perspective ! And no, in french :) I dont' have a lot of experiences with reading in english, but I'd love to have a lot more ! And I intend to. But I think that Lord of the ring would still be a little bit complicated for me. How about you ? Will it be english or french ? :D

Dernière modification par RoseGranger (29 Janvier 2018 00:44:04)

• Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#214 29 Janvier 2018 01:05:21

RoseGranger a écrit

Elizewyn a écrit

RoseGranger a écrit

Ah, that's a great perspective ! And no, in french :) I dont' have a lot of experiences with reading in english, but I'd love to have a lot more ! And I intend to. But I think that Lord of the ring would still be a little bit complicated for me. How about you ? Will it be english or french ? :D

Yes maybe if you don't read in english that often, LOTR might not be the best one to begin with :lol: But your english is very good :)
    It definitely will be in english for me, i've found the one-book edition of the saga almost two years ago in a market in London :) (and therefore it was quite cheap) I can't wait to read it, even if i'm a little afraid of reading style, especially in english. I do read quite often in this language, but with Tolkien, that's very different :lol:
    I have The Hobbit in english as well.

Dernière modification par Elizewyn (29 Janvier 2018 01:07:39)

• greatcoffeetragedy

Dompteur de pages

#215 29 Janvier 2018 16:21:50

RoseGranger a écrit

greatcoffeetragedy a écrit

Sorenette a écrit

@greatcoffeetragedy = I saw you've finished Les Fiancés de L'Hiver, what did you think :o??

I loved it! Now I just want to read books 2 and 3 (and now I understand why people talk so much about this trilogy)

I'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I'm happy you liked it too ! It's indeed a great series :-) Do you read Pride and Prejudice in english ? I loved it, but I read it in french

No, I read it in French. Maybe if I read it again I'll do it in english. So far, some words are complicated, but the books is old so it's normal

• RoseGranger

Lecteur timide

#216 29 Janvier 2018 22:21:33

Elizewyn a écrit

RoseGranger a écrit

Elizewyn a écrit

Yes maybe if you don't read in english that often, LOTR might not be the best one to begin with :lol: But your english is very good :)
    It definitely will be in english for me, i've found the one-book edition of the saga almost two years ago in a market in London :) (and therefore it was quite cheap) I can't wait to read it, even if i'm a little afraid of reading style, especially in english. I do read quite often in this language, but with Tolkien, that's very different :lol:

Ah thank you ! I'm happy to hear that ! 
    That's great ! It's the kind of thing that really makes you happy when you find it =) I  wish you a good read then ! :D And, indeed, maybe some courage haha ! ;)

RoseGranger a écrit

I loved it! Now I just want to read books 2 and 3 (and now I understand why people talk so much about this trilogy)

I'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I'm happy you liked it too ! It's indeed a great series :-) Do you read Pride and Prejudice in english ? I loved it, but I read it in french

No, I read it in French. Maybe if I read it again I'll do it in english. So far, some words are complicated, but the books is old so it's normal

Yes, I understand, old classics are surely not the easiest to read in english ! :) Well, I wish you a good read, hope you'll like it !

• greatcoffeetragedy

Dompteur de pages

#217 30 Janvier 2018 08:58:25

RoseGranger a écrit

RoseGranger a écrit

Yes, I understand, old classics are surely not the easiest to read in english ! :) Well, I wish you a good read, hope you'll like it !

So far it's not as bad as I imagined, and I like it!
    I don't have a lot of experiences with reading books in English, I tend to be afraid of them, i don't really know why

• Sorenette

Néophyte de la lecture

#218 30 Janvier 2018 13:45:25

Concerning the Hobbit, I'm reading it in English and I'd recommend you do, because it would be a shame to miss Tolkien's amazing writing !
    I'm sure wouldn't be a problem for other people to read the book after having watched the movies, but it's something I don't like to do, like re-reading books, I simply lack the patience x)!

Oh and I'm reading A Gathering of Shadows (book 2 from the Sade of Magic saga) and I love it :heart:!

Dernière modification par Sorenette (30 Janvier 2018 13:46:13)

• Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#219 31 Janvier 2018 22:37:53

RoseGranger a écrit

Elizewyn a écrit

RoseGranger a écrit

Ah thank you ! I'm happy to hear that ! 
    That's great ! It's the kind of thing that really makes you happy when you find it =) I  wish you a good read then ! :D And, indeed, maybe some courage haha ! ;)

Thanks ! :) I'm gonna need it :lol: But perhaps it's not gonna be as hard as i think :)

Sorenette a écrit

Concerning the Hobbit, I'm reading it in English and I'd recommend you do, because it would be a shame to miss Tolkien's amazing writing !
    I'm sure wouldn't be a problem for other people to read the book after having watched the movies, but it's something I don't like to do, like re-reading books, I simply lack the patience x)!

Oh and I'm reading A Gathering of Shadows (book 2 from the Sade of Magic saga) and I love it :heart:!

I'm sure i'm gonna lack patience as well, especially since they took some liberties in the movies, adding characters who don't exist in the book for example.
    I agree it would be a shame to miss Tolkien's writing ;)

• unenecessite

Lecteur averti

#220 19 Février 2018 09:25:45

Good morning! I am currently reading Phobos, the third book written by Victor Dixen.