How many english/foreigned books have you read in your entire life ?

Sondage - How much english/foreigned books have you read in your entire life ?

0 (I don't understand the question or I never tried)
5% - 16
1 (I tried but... not for me/too hard)
10% - 29
6% - 19
5% - 16
4% - 12
3% - 11
6-10 (included)
11% - 33
11-20
13% - 37
21-30
5% - 15
31... and beyond ! (c) Buzz
32% - 92

Total : 280

• Trantora

Livraddictien débutant

#221 11 Août 2013 17:44:06

I don't remember how much books I've read in english exactly. I know there is the seven Harry Potter novels, some Sword of Truth (maybe 4 or 5), Dracula, the Black Magician Trilogy and some others. It's been a while and I should do that again. But the number of scientific articles that I've read in english is far far higher, does that count ? =D
  • ExtraVagance

Lecteur du dimanche

#222 11 Août 2013 22:49:27

I've read three books in english : the last Harry Potter, Pride and prejudice and Sense and sensibility. I plan to read more english books, I'm just waiting for some time !
  • LeaDelphine

Néophyte de la lecture

#223 11 Août 2013 23:02:09

I have read more than 200 books in english (according to my goodreads shelf "read in english", I have read 219 books, counting novels and novellas). I never thought about this before and I was quite surprised by this number considering that before 3 years ago I had only read 2 books in english !
  • beckygirly

Collectionneur de pages

#224 15 Août 2013 11:44:36

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have only read more than 31, that's a shame for me. I do love reading in English but for some time I didn't feel like reading at all and now that I want to, I don't have the money... :'S
    So I found a solution and I read copyright free books. As I wanted te read more classics, I'm happy.
    I also read mangas in English on the Internet, but that doesn't count as they are traductions and have a lot of mistakes.

See you!
  • DarkToy

Surfeur des couvertures

#225 25 Septembre 2013 16:30:36

I didn't read a lot of books in english but I tried twice! My level in this language is not really high but I'd understand the most important things and above all: I loved this moment! This is why I want to read in english again, in order to access to a better level and enjoy the words directly, with any translation, which is for me a barrier between the "true" story and the reader.
  • Nakumi

Dompteur de pages

#226 25 Septembre 2013 16:57:08

I started this week to read in Middle English and... I like it! :D
    I find it interesting because it looks and sounds quite different, but when you read it with the Modern English pronounciation, it is actually quite easy to understand! But it takes quite much time... (1h30-1h45 to read twenty pages...)
  • AuCoinDuFeu

Apprenti Lecteur

#227 05 Octobre 2013 21:34:21

So, I vote for 1 book, becuase, it was exeptionel. Yes, Harry Potter and the deathy Hollowos IS exeptionnel. But, I think I didn't undersand the book, and I've abandoned, unfortunately...

PS: Think's to " Google Traduction " :D

Dernière modification par AuCoinDuFeu (05 Octobre 2013 21:34:52)

• Amarüel

Les doigts collés au papier

#228 20 Avril 2016 15:56:06

I have already read one book in english, and start another one (but it was much difficult than the first book that I've read, so I've stop quickly...)
    And the book that i've finished was the 6th volume of a serie wrote by Nalini Singh (I founded that the french editor spend so much time to translate it, that I was NEEDED to buy it in english !!)
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#229 01 Mai 2016 20:19:07

So many ! Beyond 30 for sure.
    Besides novels, i read a lot of essays and midwifery books, but i don't keep count.
  • LecturesenB

Petit rat de bibliothèque

#230 01 Mai 2016 20:25:26

It's a very difficult question. I can't count them. I started to read in english twenty years ago, made a break and fresh started. But I'm quite sure I've read more than thirty books in this nearly entire life.