Which book are you reading this week?

• greatcoffeetragedy

Dompteur de pages

#191 21 Janvier 2018 14:40:53

Sorenette a écrit

I feel better! I thought that it would be a saga that I wouldn't love as much as everyone (because I have the feeling that absolutely eberybody loves it)

I have to admit that, somehow, I hadn't really heard about La Passe-Miroir before reading it, and it probably helped. This book is amazing but it will probably be disappointing if you expect too much. It's always a problem when something gets too famous :/...

Yeah, that's why I think I waited so much before reading it. I thought it would be better if I wait until I heard less about this saga

• Delkinger

Lecteur averti

#192 21 Janvier 2018 14:47:23

I start Before I fall by Lauren Oliver today. She wrote Delirium, one of my favourites sagas. Hope I'll like this one too !
  • RoseGranger

Lecteur timide

#193 21 Janvier 2018 15:22:05

Hello everyone ! I was trying to find a way to improve my writing in english, and what a more perfect way to do it than by talking about books ! :pink: This topic is really a good idea !

This week I'm reading "Illuminae 01" by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (in french). It's a science-fiction book and it's really great ! The particularity of it is that the whole story is told throught reports and many other kind of files. And it's breathtaking ! Does anyone know it ? :)

Dernière modification par RoseGranger (21 Janvier 2018 15:39:40)

• greatcoffeetragedy

Dompteur de pages

#194 21 Janvier 2018 15:41:28

RoseGranger a écrit

Hello everyone ! I was trying to find a way to improve my writing in english, and what a more perfect way to do it than by talking about books ! :pink: This topic is really a good idea !

This week I'm reading "Illuminae 01" by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (in french). It's a science-fiction book and it's really great ! The particularity of it is that the whole story is told throught reports and many other kind of files. And it's breathtaking ! Does anyone know it ? :)

I've also read it in french a few weeks ago, and I loved it !

• RoseGranger

Lecteur timide

#195 21 Janvier 2018 16:11:22

greatcoffeetragedy a écrit

RoseGranger a écrit

Ahh great ! :aouh:  I'm nearly at the end !

I saw that you were reading La Passe-Miroir, I've read the three of them, and I love it !  I'm looking forward to know your feelings when you'll have finished it :-)

Dernière modification par RoseGranger (21 Janvier 2018 16:12:20)

• greatcoffeetragedy

Dompteur de pages

#196 21 Janvier 2018 17:48:53

RoseGranger a écrit

greatcoffeetragedy a écrit

RoseGranger a écrit

Ahh great ! :aouh:  I'm nearly at the end !

I saw that you were reading La Passe-Miroir, I've read the three of them, and I love it !  I'm looking forward to know your feelings when you'll have finished it :-)

You can count on me :D!

• Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#197 22 Janvier 2018 22:49:35

Sorenette a écrit

I'm currently finishing Eclat de givre by Estelle Faye, and I have mixed feelings about it. On paper, I has a lot of good ideas and I thought I'd like the post apocaliptic setting coupled with jazz and Paris. But everything about this book has a very Parisian feeling and I didn't like it; that's probably because I'm a provincial and I couldn't identify to it. Also, the story goes all over the place, the writing is pretentious and the only thing I like about the main character is that he represents the LGBT community...

Too bad i was actually interested in this book :( I used to be Parisian but the way they act sometimes doesn't agree with me... so just like you, i might not enjoy the atmosphere of the book :(

I'm currently reading Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu, halfway thought it and i like it, but i hope the second half of the book is gonna have more action.

• Stellina's books

Baby lecteur

#198 22 Janvier 2018 22:54:23

Hi everyone!
    Talking about books in English is a really great idea!

This week I'm reading "Phobie" by Sarah Cohen-Scali (In French). For the moment, i really enjoy this book!
    Have you ever read this book ? :)
  • RoseGranger

Lecteur timide

#199 23 Janvier 2018 01:12:21

Hi ReadingAndCookingGirl,  welcome ! :)

For me, I have just finished the book that I was reading, Illuminae n°1 and that was amazing ! Absolutely intense (very intense). The idea of the entire book is really great. I can't wait to read the next one.

Dernière modification par RoseGranger (23 Janvier 2018 01:13:48)

• Stellina's books

Baby lecteur

#200 23 Janvier 2018 01:19:16

Thank You RoseGranger.
    I've heard a lot about this book, what does it talk about ? :)
    How did you discover it ? :)