Which book are you reading this week?

• Tomisika

Marin sur les mers du savoir

#1 30 Mars 2013 10:38:44

Hello everybody, I would like improve my English writing skill and when I looked in this section of the forum, I saw only one topic  (and I already have answered on it !). So, maybe we can share our reading books and feelings in English here? Hope this topic will be a success!

My current book is Still midnight (Le silence de minuit) by Denise Mina. It's written on the cover that the book is a thriller, but it's more of polar. Nevertheless, it's a good story (not enough to jump to the ceiling but ok for the distraction a few hours). Which is your current book?
  • Ela

Lecteur confirmé

#2 30 Mars 2013 10:44:41

My book of the week-end is The Vampire Diaries (I read again, it's really a good book). I find, that your subject is a good idea, because I want also to improve my English...
  • Tomisika

Marin sur les mers du savoir

#3 30 Mars 2013 10:53:43

Great! I have seen on your signature, on the back of your message, that you very love this book^^ 
    I never tried to read it, maybe I could be show most interest for it!
    Did you already read books in English? Last week, I have started "The curious incident of the dog in the night" by Mark Haddon (epic title), and it's very nice book. It's talking about the story of a boy who has the asperger syndrome and does an investigation on the death of his neighbours' dog like Sherlock Holmes .

Dernière modification par Tomisika (30 Mars 2013 10:55:37)

• Ela

Lecteur confirmé

#4 30 Mars 2013 12:54:40

Yes, I love "The vampire Diaries" (the book) but also the série on the television. I had already read the Volume 1, and I had also read the following, but I don't like. And then when I bought two books of this collection, we had a choice to book the same collection offered. So I chose Volume 1 (I had borrowed the first time).It was there a little while, and I (re) started yesterday evening ... And so then I was disappointed, I did not remember that I loved so much.
    It is this book that I owe my current readings vampires, but also to the series "The Vampire Diaries", which I love.
    To answer your question about my reading in English, I started ... There is 6 months, and I'm very hard to finish. But I'd much during a swap or otherwise receive Volume 1 of "The Vampire Diaries" (which I read in French) in English.
    That's it. I would probably on this topic because it really is a good idea.
  • missmolko1

VIP des bibliothèques

#5 24 Mai 2013 13:22:32

This week I read Sacred Hearts by Sarah Dunant (Un coeur insoumis in french).
  • Bambi_slaughter

Chouchou des imprimeurs

#6 24 Mai 2013 16:36:08

I am currently reading Le royaume de Tobin, book 1 by Lynn Flewerling ( i don't know the title in english), i've read about 55 % and though i like it, i am not attached yet to the characters.
  • BlueMoon

Correctrice

#7 26 Mai 2013 19:56:46

I'm reading Beautiful Redemption (19 Lunes) by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl. It is the last book of the saga Beautiful Creatures. It is really good, and that book seems (for the moment) sadder than the others. This saga is better and better at every new volume! I hope the end will be at the height of the entire series!
    Did you read it? Or at least, the first book?
    (This topic is a good idea :))
  • coldtroll

Lecteur-express

#8 26 Mai 2013 20:32:59

i have a question : do you write english here just for fun, or you read books in their english version too ?
  • Bambi_slaughter

Chouchou des imprimeurs

#9 26 Mai 2013 21:44:20

In this part of the forum, you can speak foreign languages, you can discuss books or anything. As far i'm concerned, i didn't read my last book in english and that's also the case of the book i'm reading now. I find this topic interesting because i don't practice written english a lot. School is behind me! And now i've just only tv shows, articles on the web and about one english book per month to practice english. :-)
  • prettybooks

Pèlerin des mots

#10 22 Juin 2013 13:38:12

Hi everyone ! What are you reading this weekend ? I can't read as mush as I would like to, because i have to study a lot for my exams next weeks, but i try to find some time to read .. and I'm reading "17 lunes" by Kami Garci and Margaret Stohl. Have a nice weekend. :)