How many english/foreigned books have you read in your entire life ?

Sondage - How much english/foreigned books have you read in your entire life ?

0 (I don't understand the question or I never tried)
5% - 16
1 (I tried but... not for me/too hard)
10% - 29
6% - 19
5% - 16
4% - 12
3% - 11
6-10 (included)
11% - 33
11-20
13% - 37
21-30
5% - 15
31... and beyond ! (c) Buzz
32% - 92

Total : 280

• Anaverbania

Lecteur confirmé

#231 18 Juin 2016 14:28:29

I like to read in foreign languages. It was not easy to find English books before, but now I have a kindle and can buy ebooks in English and Italian. :) In English I read mostly thrillers (Linwood Barclay). :)
  • Moonlight11

Lecteur glouton

#232 23 Août 2016 12:21:17

Hello !
    Hum... I've been learning english for 9 or 10 years, I think. I really love this language ! It's so beautiful.
    I'm only a teenager, so I've started reading books in English this year. My first one is A kiss in the dark by Cat Clarke, but I have stopped it because I saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Now, I'm reading this script, and I like it a lot !

PS : I have a real problem with the tenses... :ohlecon:
  • Analire

Guide touristique des librairies

#233 30 Août 2016 15:07:56

I tried to read one book (bought in a Relay, before took a train), but I don't speak English, and my reading has been so hard...
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#234 30 Août 2016 15:13:50

DBC-Anaïs a écrit

I tried to read one book (bought in a Relay, before took a train), but I don't speak English, and my reading has been so hard...

Which one did you read ? Was it the first book in english you tried to read ?

• Qwenty

Apprenti Lecteur

#235 19 Octobre 2016 14:04:19

I voted "6-10" cause I bought some books when i was studying in The Netherlands (Jane Austen) and when i went to the US for vacation. But I prefer reading in French cause I read faster, it always takes a lot of time and attention to read a book in a foreign language.
  • vp-5871

Livraddictien débutant

#236 30 Décembre 2016 08:12:00

Hundreds. But my situation is a bit different from that of most members as I lived in the US for over thirty years. So, other than the dozen french books we took back to the US when we came to France on vacation every few years, most of my reading has been done in English.   :D

My book collection is still over 80% in english because I live in an area with quite a few Brits and so I find used books in english fairly easily.
  • BrokenOdyssEridan

Livraddictien débutant

#237 03 Janvier 2017 22:55:52

I've just read Joyland by Stephen King, but I really want to read Lovecraft and E.A. Poe in english :)
  • LoutreDeBibliotheque

Baby lecteur

#238 04 Janvier 2017 20:36:09

I've read a lot of books in english. I started to read in english when I was in middle school (4ème/3ème) and since then I've tried to read as many books as I could in their original language. I'm currently reading the last "Lunar Chronicles" book, Winter, in english.
  • Ellea

Lecteur du dimanche

#239 17 Mars 2020 01:44:08

I have read a lot of things in english, but only 3-4 books, the last ones of the Women of the Otherworld. But I currently have 3 more on my shelf. I also want to read Harry Potter in english, and see if the story is as different as I have the impression it is when I see people talking about the english version.
  • Flatcat

Lecteur timide

#240 14 Mai 2020 18:15:11

31... and beyond ,I have moved to the UK 7/8 years ago I can't tell how much in total but more than 31 for sure