Objectif : Écrire dans une langue étrangère un peu chaque jour !

• BlueEden

Apprenti Lecteur

#51 10 Novembre 2017 17:37:09

Hi !

I'm not very good in english but I like the concept of this conversation so I try to speak even if my english is terrifying :goutte:
    My name is Anaïs, I'm 18 years old and I live in Paris. I'm student  in art history and archeology but I want a reconversion in psychology (yes no relation between both). I like history, art, science, read (like everyone here ^^) and sport. I speak spanish (maybe the same level in english) and I have basis in italian (just to read and to understand, speak is just a disaster).

See you !
  • OrcadianSky

Puits de lecture

#52 10 Novembre 2017 20:51:31

Hi BlueEden.

You'll get better by practicing and reading regularly... like with any other subject in fact! There are a few mistakes but they are not monstruous and your English is not terrifying, don't worry!
    We all make mistakes, that's what I tell my pupils every day. I speak English all the time (being in an English speaking country defo helps!) but I make mistakes... sometimes really silly mistakes and I correct myself. And sometimes I ask my pupils for advice. We talk about it and have a wee laugh together in the classroom, it creates a nice atmosphere.
    The key is: dare to speak! Go for it!

As for Italian: that's a very good start. Find yourself someone to practice. You already know the words. And it'll get better!

And if you speak with a funny accent... at least you are speaking another language! I do speak with a funny accent (a funny Franco-Scottish accent!).

See you!
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#53 13 Novembre 2017 20:15:47

I agree with OrcadianSky, the key is to practice as much as possible, by listening, writing, speaking etc... Even if you do make mistakes, it's okay :) and your english isn't terrifying, BlueEden don't worry, we can understand you just fine ;)
    We should talk here more often, i miss not writing in english everyday and i'd love to have someone to talk to in english as well, because my accent had gone from bad to worse since i've been back in France :lol:
  • BlueEden

Apprenti Lecteur

#54 13 Novembre 2017 22:03:58

Elizewyn a écrit

I agree with OrcadianSky, the key is to practice as much as possible, by listening, writing, speaking etc... Even if you do make mistakes, it's okay :) and your english isn't terrifying, BlueEden don't worry, we can understand you just fine ;)
    We should talk here more often, i miss not writing in english everyday and i'd love to have someone to talk to in english as well, because my accent had gone from bad to worse since i've been back in France :lol:

Which countries have you visited ? You have lived in anglo saxon country ?

• Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#55 13 Novembre 2017 22:06:51

I've visited a lot of countries in Europe, i won't list them all, but there were great experiences :)
    I've lived in Brighton, England, for a few months and in Australia for almost a year, it was amazing ! :D
    I've visited New Zealand as well, and it's my favorite country so far. The people are really nice and the country is just breathtaking. No kidding, it looks exactly like in The lord of the rings ;)
  • mandorla

Casual lecteur

#56 14 Novembre 2017 16:09:21

Buongiorno,
    oggi ho trovato un libro intitolato "Cosa fa la zebra Giulia quando nevica in città ?" di Sara Carlini. E un albo per bambini ma bene per me, principiante !
    Ciao.
  • OrcadianSky

Puits de lecture

#57 14 Novembre 2017 21:35:51

Elizewyn a écrit

The same happened to me with Danish. I used to speak Danish everyday... and now I haven't really spoken it for seven years.
    As for my English Scottish accent, it's slowly getting better. It is better than what it was when I arrived here a bit than four years ago.

• Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#58 14 Novembre 2017 22:29:26

OrcadianSky a écrit

Elizewyn a écrit

The same happened to me with Danish. I used to speak Danish everyday... and now I haven't really spoken it for seven years.
    As for my English Scottish accent, it's slowly getting better. It is better than what it was when I arrived here a bit than four years ago.

Wow you live in Scotland, that must be pretty cool, which city ? :)

• OrcadianSky

Puits de lecture

#59 14 Novembre 2017 23:26:39

The weather is 'cool'... and getting colder by the day.
    I love living in Scotland. I've spent two years in Orkney, one in Glasgow/Paisley and I've been in Fraserburgh (north of Aberdeenshire) since July 2016. I am quite settled with a full-time permanant job. But I might move in a few years, I'll see what job I can find either back in Orkney, or closer to Glasgow/Edinburgh.
    My town is quite far from everything. If I have to be in the middle of nowhere, let it be Highlands or western isles XD.
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#60 16 Novembre 2017 01:32:25

Nice ! What kind of job do you do if i may ask ?
    At least it must be peaceful in the middle of nowhere :lol: