Objectif : Écrire dans une langue étrangère un peu chaque jour !

• OrcadianSky

Puits de lecture

#71 18 Novembre 2017 21:22:54

Well, Strasbourg is a beautiful place. One of my favourite cities. I used to live there and did my post grad at Strasbourg Uni. :)
  • Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#72 19 Novembre 2017 21:15:21

OrcadianSky a écrit

Well, Strasbourg is a beautiful place. One of my favourite cities. I used to live there and did my post grad at Strasbourg Uni. :)

Nice :) I lived there for a year and it's one of my favorite cities, in France at least :)

• Ellea

Lecteur du dimanche

#73 17 Mars 2020 01:59:08

It's sad to see such a interessing topic, where we can practice writing in another language, without much participation, but here I am for mine.
  • MikeKol

Lecteur en pantoufles

#74 08 Avril 2020 20:13:54

Ellea a écrit

It's sad to see such a interessing topic, where we can practice writing in another language, without much participation, but here I am for mine.

Hello, Exactly,it's a great subject for learning English. I'm learn speak English for my work. I can read but not write and speak.

• Truculent_ichneumon

Dévaliseur de rayonnages

#75 08 Avril 2020 20:23:24

Hi everybody ! I have problems with speaking too, but actually there will not be any oral test for the baccalaureat this year so all right =D ! And I would like to read some books in english, but I'm afrait to don't understand anything...
  • Caedy

Casual lecteur

#76 08 Avril 2020 21:48:18

MikeKol a écrit

I can read but not write and speak.

Truculent_ichneumon a écrit

I have problems with speaking too, but actually there will not be any oral test for the baccalaureat this year so all right =D !

If I were sarcastic, I would say I don't understand how this could even be possible with the WON-DER-FUL English Learning System in France ? :sifflote:

And I would like to read some books in english, but I'm afrait to don't understand anything...

You can start with a book you already know. Maybe with children litterature (Harry Potter, Roald Dahl, etc..).
    For sure, at the begging you'll probably struggle and look out for many words but after a while, you'll understand more easily and will be really proud of yourself.

こんばんは、私の名前はカエディです

• MikeKol

Lecteur en pantoufles

#77 09 Avril 2020 09:42:20

Caedy a écrit

MikeKol a écrit

I can read but not write and speak.

I have problems with speaking too, but actually there will not be any oral test for the baccalaureat this year so all right =D !

If I were sarcastic, I would say I don't understand how this could even be possible with the WON-DER-FUL English Learning System in France ? :sifflote:

In France, I find that learning English is really limited, because we are not told that English is important for professional life.  I learn German when i was in school, because the class was complet.

Je sais pas trop le dire en anglais, mais j'ai fait 2 ans d'anglais au collège LV2 apres repris l'anglais en BTS, du coup la catastrophe.

• Ellea

Lecteur du dimanche

#78 09 Avril 2020 10:45:24

I'm from quebec. Much of the country speak English, but we're in the French part. And where I live, well, we didn't have great English teachers either. More like, the type that don't want students to talk if it's not in English... Even when they don't understand or know how to say something. Not a good way to learn. So I was sure I would never understand. But I started listening tv shows on the internet, with french subtitles, and with time, I started to understand more and more.

Around three years ago, I decided to try reading in English, not an easy thing, because every time it's like if my brain just freeze and say "hey, you can't do it !" But I pushed myself to really try. I chose a fanfiction whose translation I was reading in French, and try to read the chapters that wasn't translate yet. Surprisingly, I did understand more than I thought. But yes, in the beginning I had a page open on a translation dictionary, for when I didn't understand a word. Which was happening a lot... At the beginning.

Now, I read fanfictions in English all the times, and books too ! And for the dictionary... Well, sometimes I still open it when I read a new word, but that really doesn't happen often. =)

All of that, for saying, it's normal to be scared to don't understand anything, or even to have trouble doing so at the beginning. But if you don't try, you would never know, or be able to do so. :ok:
  • Truculent_ichneumon

Dévaliseur de rayonnages

#79 09 Avril 2020 10:56:32

Thank you for your messages ! I think I will start with a book I already now well, like Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, because actually I already have all the vocabulary of the universe from these books, so I think I will understand at least the more specific words xD. And of course my dictionnary is ready =D.

My english teacher is not in the same case : her english accent is horrible, and she does everything to not to talk in english. Like we come in class and then she says "Bonjour tout le monde" :pleur:. Sometimes I think we are not doing english class but American history class =D.
  • Catyladya

Lecteur professionnel

#80 09 Avril 2020 11:06:56

Hey you ♥
    I'm not very good in English (more precisly in oral ahah), I make mistakes but someone in the forum say that as long as we understand what you say, no matter what if you make mistakes. I love seeing séries in english with subtitles (listening the real voices of actors :pink::pink:). At this time i saw series with subtitles in french, maybe later i trying subtitiles in english :)
    I have two books of Harry Potter in English (the first and the second), and i have also one book in spanish (it's more easy for me because i've got spain familly). But i would try other books in english.
    Also i play video games in english (rpg more precisely because this kind of video games are not translated except for Persona 5 royal :D)