Which book are you reading this week?

• unenecessite

Lecteur averti

#181 28 Décembre 2017 22:12:21

Hello! I forgot this topic. I found it again, I am happy.

This week, I am reading In the After written by Demitria Lunetta. There are 2 books. It is the first one.
    The story takes place in the USA, I think? I do not remember, to be honest :goutte:. It is about the end of humanity and aliens. I read 80 pages. For the moment, it is great.

Dernière modification par unenecessite (28 Décembre 2017 22:12:48)

• Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#182 29 Décembre 2017 22:11:00

Currently reading a lot of christmas novels thanks to the cold winter challenge of course ! :)
    I'm finishing a collection of short romance stories with My true love gave to me, it's very sweet ! :)
    And also reading A christmas carol by Charles Dickens, i like it, very interesting :)
    My last read of the year is going to be Letters from father christmas by Tolkien, what better way to finish the year than reading Tolkien ? :pink:
  • Delkinger

Lecteur averti

#183 30 Décembre 2017 22:39:16

For the moment, I'm reading Alphonse Daudet's Le Petit Chose. It's such a good read, even if it makes me feel so old ><
  • Invité

Invité

#184 20 Janvier 2018 15:30:58

Hello!!
  • Delkinger

Lecteur averti

#185 20 Janvier 2018 18:48:37

Currently reading Pars avec lui by Agnès Ledig :-)
  • Eva Qiziyeva

Marin sur les mers du savoir

#186 21 Janvier 2018 10:27:01

Hi guys !

What's up ?

Yesterday, I began reading L'attentat by Yasmina Khadra. It's a great book I already read a few years ago. The writing is so brilliant and accurate that everytime I open that book, I can feel the anxiety of the main character. It looks like a 246 page-long poem.
    I have a feeling that this book won't last long with me. Should be finished by mid-week !

See you !
  • greatcoffeetragedy

Dompteur de pages

#187 21 Janvier 2018 11:10:06

Hi guys !

Since Thursday, I'm reading La Passe-miroir : les fiancés de l'hiver by Christelle Dabos.
    I've heard so much about this trilogy, and I wanted to have my own opinion about it. For where I am currently in this book, I really like the writting and the story itself, but I don't know why, I feel like I'm not completely in it (what I mean is that I feel like I'm only a spectator, not a part of the story). But I will continue, hoping that it will change !
  • Sorenette

Néophyte de la lecture

#188 21 Janvier 2018 11:56:47

greatcoffeetragedy a écrit

Hi guys !

Since Thursday, I'm reading La Passe-miroir : les fiancés de l'hiver by Christelle Dabos.
    I've heard so much about this trilogy, and I wanted to have my own opinion about it. For where I am currently in this book, I really like the writting and the story itself, but I don't know why, I feel like I'm not completely in it (what I mean is that I feel like I'm only a spectator, not a part of the story). But I will continue, hoping that it will change !

When I read Le Fiancés de l'hiver I was like you at first, but with the second and third books I fell in love, it has become one of my favourite sagas :heart:! Enjoy your reading :D!

I'm currently finishing Eclat de givre by Estelle Faye, and I have mixed feelings about it. On paper, I has a lot of good ideas and I thought I'd like the post apocaliptic setting coupled with jazz and Paris. But everything about this book has a very Parisian feeling and I didn't like it; that's probably because I'm a provincial and I couldn't identify to it. Also, the story goes all over the place, the writing is pretentious and the only thing I like about the main character is that he represents the LGBT community...

• greatcoffeetragedy

Dompteur de pages

#189 21 Janvier 2018 12:35:03

Sorenette a écrit

greatcoffeetragedy a écrit

Hi guys !

When I read Le Fiancés de l'hiver I was like you at first, but with the second and third books I fell in love, it has become one of my favourite sagas :heart:! Enjoy your reading :D!

I feel better! I thought that it would be a saga that I wouldn't love as much as everyone (because I have the feeling that absolutely eberybody loves it)

• Sorenette

Néophyte de la lecture

#190 21 Janvier 2018 14:11:43

I feel better! I thought that it would be a saga that I wouldn't love as much as everyone (because I have the feeling that absolutely eberybody loves it)

I have to admit that, somehow, I hadn't really heard about La Passe-Miroir before reading it, and it probably helped. This book is amazing but it will probably be disappointing if you expect too much. It's always a problem when something gets too famous :/...