Which book are you reading this week?

• Makina11

Commis de lecture

#221 19 Février 2018 09:35:17

Hi everyone !
    I'm reading a book about the history of the middle east ! It's very interesting !
  • greatcoffeetragedy

Dompteur de pages

#222 19 Février 2018 12:21:20

Good morning! I'm currently reading Endgame the complete training diaries by James Frey. I really liked the Endgame trilogy, and so far, I like this one too. I read it in English, and the vocabulary is simple to understand
  • RoseGranger

Lecteur timide

#223 21 Février 2018 00:13:44

Hi everyone ! How are your readings going ? :D

Mine are in a slow rhythm for now but my main reading is "Apprendre à vivre" by Luc Ferry, it's a book about philosophy, very interesting but his explanations are often redundants. Otherwise I've just begun a book of history "La Bataille de France", and I'm very looking forward to go further :-)

I also plan to read something of Virginia Woolfe someday ; I don't know at all this famous author and I have to make this right ! ;) Which book of her do you advise me to begin with ? Just by any chance ;) For now I have the choice between "Mrs Dalloway",  "The Waves", "The Years".

greatcoffeetragedy a écrit

Good morning! I'm currently reading Endgame the complete training diaries by James Frey. I really liked the Endgame trilogy, and so far, I like this one too. I read it in English, and the vocabulary is simple to understand

Oh that's great ! :) I read the first one - very good ! -  but I haven't read the others yet.

Dernière modification par RoseGranger (21 Février 2018 00:16:47)

• RoseGranger

Lecteur timide

#224 18 Mars 2018 13:23:55

Hello !

I'm reading "Carry Me Across the Water" by Ethan Canin those days, I like it, so far ! The whole story is told in an non-linear way, in fragments, so it's very intersting because we have to wait so we can know what happens next, and understand the entire story. I'm impatient to have all the elements ! ;) I find it also melancholic and poetic.

Dernière modification par RoseGranger (18 Mars 2018 13:31:49)

• unenecessite

Lecteur averti

#225 18 Mars 2018 14:09:58

I am reading The Land of Stories, written by Chris Colfer. This is the story of Alex and Conner, they are twins and they fell in a book. They are triying to go home. This is a book for children so the story is really simple. But I like it!

• LittleRagondin

Livraddictien débutant

#226 18 Mars 2018 22:04:13

Hi everyone!

Right now I'm reading "The Luminaries" by Eleanor Catton. It follows a man who came to New Zealand to make his fortune digging gold, but who will end up drawn into a tense situation between twelve men, and the mysteries surrouding a serie of unsolved crimes. So far I really like it, it's not super fast but the atmosphere is heavy and makes me very curious about the people living in the settlment and the whole murder mystery.

@RoseGranger: If you want to start reading Virginia Woolf, I'd recommend "Orlando" even more so if you read in english! I feel like it's the easiest one of the bunch, and the story is really nice. I know it's not on your list sorry ^^"
  • RoseGranger

Lecteur timide

#227 18 Mars 2018 23:19:30

LittleRagondin a écrit

@RoseGranger: If you want to start reading Virginia Woolf, I'd recommend "Orlando" even more so if you read in english! I feel like it's the easiest one of the bunch, and the story is really nice. I know it's not on your list sorry ^^"

Thanks for the suggestion ! I take note, I might have the opportunity to read it one day! :)

Dernière modification par RoseGranger (18 Mars 2018 23:23:09)

• Celystine

Lecteur assidu

#228 22 Avril 2018 12:57:07

Oh nice ! I never noticed those foreign discussions !

This week i read Wild Cards, by a bunch of well known SF/fantasy authors (Martin, Zelazny, Williams... and that's where i stopped). It's about i virus which kill most of touched people. The others get powers (but not to become a superhero, it can be something very bad). I only read 140 pages but i find it very interesting. And the author change in each chapter is not confusing, i thin it's important to notice ;)

Next week i'll begin comics like The Oriental piano by Zeina Abirached or the third book of Descender by Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nguyen (I recommend that series if you like SF :D)
  • Jelisetalors

Les doigts collés au papier

#229 03 Juillet 2018 15:59:57

Hi !

I am reading "The girl at midnight", and it's not very easy, because this book needs my complete focus on it. I need to be in a very quiet place to read in english, otherwise the book is quite simple to understand.

I hope I will improve my reading skill in English very soon ;)

bye bye, bunch of readers ;)
  • Celystine

Lecteur assidu

#230 03 Juillet 2018 20:57:47

Hello !

You will, Jelisetalors ! It's always a struggle at the beginning xD

Tomorrow i'll begin my first english audiobook at work. I chose The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells, i want to read it for years. I hope i'll understand most of it. At least i like the voice :D