Which book are you reading this week?

• Ju feather

Lecteur timide

#251 24 Juillet 2019 21:45:16

Hi :)

This week I'm reading The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. I've already read The Woman in White written by the same author and I really liked it so I hope to like The Moonstone too. I already read almost 100 pages and I think that I will love this one too :D
  • Invité

Invité

#252 20 Août 2019 19:48:54

Hello!
    I start " A little something different" by Sandy Hall!
    A book that I heard great thing.
    Have a great evening!!!
  • Rascar Capac

Magicien des lignes

#253 24 Août 2019 22:23:53

Hello !

This post = great idea !

I'm reading "La faute de l'abbé Mouret", by Zola.
    I thought it was a boring book : it's not !
  • samcarter

Livraddictien débutant

#254 11 Septembre 2019 13:29:24

It is  strange to say and confess but I'm currently reading "Hamlet" by Shakespeare because he knew how to draw a fight scene and how to write an effective fulfillment. Everyone knows about this bestseller. I knew about it too but I had never thought of reading it before this time. I suppose everyone must read it.

Edit Julie27 : Suppression du lien
  • Khione

Commis de lecture

#255 11 Septembre 2019 13:50:46

Hi everyone ! :salutation:
    I'm actually reading - for several weeks - the third book of the caraval's trilogie by stephanie garber. It's intitled Finale and it's great to be back in this universe even if it's very long to read and i can't wait to finish it.
  • OrcadianSky

Puits de lecture

#256 11 Septembre 2019 22:02:01

samcarter a écrit

It is  strange to say and confess but I'm currently reading "Hamlet" by Shakespeare because he knew how to draw a fight scene and how to write an effective fulfillment. Everyone knows about this bestseller. I knew about it too but I had never thought of reading it before this time. I suppose everyone must read it.

Hamlet is a must read. One my favs by the Bard is The Tempest. But the whole History cycle is great. Anyway. I love Shakespeare. I was born with the complete works at home for my mom had the whole collection.

As for what I'm reading at the moment: Loki - Where Mischief Lies, by Mackenzi Lee. It's a YA novel edited by Marvel, about Loki and the events in his youth that lead to the character we know. It's quite enjoyable.

Dernière modification par OrcadianSky (11 Septembre 2019 22:02:34)

• AyianaLaTaupe

Préposé aux marque-pages

#257 03 Octobre 2019 13:21:10

OrcadianSky a écrit

As for what I'm reading at the moment: Loki - Where Mischief Lies, by Mackenzi Lee. It's a YA novel edited by Marvel, about Loki and the events in his youth that lead to the character we know. It's quite enjoyable.

I can't wait to read it!
    (Let's go! Try to speak English here... Tell me if I say some mistakes, thank you !) ;)

@samcarter: are you a "gater" too?

• fael404

Livraddictien débutant

#258 15 Octobre 2019 20:04:46

Hi! These week my favourite book it a " Alone in the Mars" in french. I can't ride in english very well.
  • AyianaLaTaupe

Préposé aux marque-pages

#259 16 Octobre 2019 10:56:40

fael404 a écrit

Hi! These week my favourite book it a " Alone in the Mars" in french. I can't ride in english very well.

Ride? You mean "read" I suppose... Do you read comic books in english ? I think it's easier than to read novels, because pictures help to understand the text. ;)

• Ourlig

Cajoleur de couvertures

#260 16 Octobre 2019 20:44:57

AyianaLaTaupe a écrit

Do you read comic books in english ? I think it's easier than to read novels, because pictures help to understand the text. ;)

I couldn't agree more !
    Comics books, comics strips and even webcomics are awesome to improve your english.

I would highly recommend to check gocomics.com. It allows you to read new strips in syndication daily.
    Reading classics like Calvin & Hobbes or Peanuts is great both for improving your english and discovering some parts of pop culture.

Dernière modification par Ourlig (16 Octobre 2019 20:46:02)