Which book are you reading this week?

• Shuufleur

Lecteur timide

#281 12 Mai 2020 09:25:18

Hello, I'm currently reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Lyman Frank Baum, and find the story very charming!

I'm also finishing Evreything's Eventual by Stephen King, which is a collection of short stories! For the most part, the stories are entertaining, and I still like the way King writes.
  • Ourlig

Cajoleur de couvertures

#282 17 Mai 2020 19:36:39

After a rather unpleasant read about an explorer in French Guyana, I switched to Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land. And boy does it deliver ! I love the characters, the Martian's train of thought is really convincing, so is the overall tension and sense of looming danger.
    So far, so good !
  • OrcadianSky

Préposé aux marque-pages

#283 17 Mai 2020 19:47:09

Ed McDonald's Blackwing and Frank Herbert's Dune.
  • Flatcat

Lecteur timide

#284 18 Mai 2020 15:13:54

I am reading The Nevernight Chronicle, book 1: Nevernight  by Jay Kristoff.
  • Truculent_ichneumon

Dévaliseur de rayonnages

#285 18 Mai 2020 15:23:27

@OrcadianSky : Blackwing is a really great book :pink: I hope you will like it as much as I liked it ! :D

My current book is A Fire Upon The Deep, by Vernor Vinge.
  • Ju feather

Lecteur timide

#286 26 Mai 2020 17:47:18

Hi everyone :)

I'm currently reading How to Be Human written by Paula Cocozza. To be honest it was the cover that attracted me the most at first but now that I'm reading it, I find the story beautiful.
  • Wonderbooks_

Bookworm

#287 26 Mai 2020 18:42:03

Hi everyone ! =)

I'm currently reading Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett (rip). I didn't really like the other two novels I read of him so I hope that I will like this one ! =D
  • Flatcat

Lecteur timide

#288 27 Mai 2020 20:01:13

Hi everyone,

I am currently reading 'House of Salt and Sorrows' by Erin A. Craig.
  • Ju feather

Lecteur timide

#289 30 Juin 2020 19:06:14

Hi everyone :)

I'm currently reading Wolf Hall written by Hilary Mantel. It is about the life of Thomas Cromwell, a important man of the British History during the reign of Henry VIII.
    I had studied British history during my degree and I heard of this book while doing a MOOC about the Tudors. I love to learn more about this period.

Have a nice day =D
  • Flatcat

Lecteur timide

#290 30 Juin 2020 22:28:13

Hi everyone

I am currently reading Children of blood and bone by Tomi Adeyemi. Surprisingly I really like this reading, I have heard not  so great feedback on this book just before I started my reading , I was a bit sceptical now I am glad I choose to give it a try :pouceleve:.