Objectif : Écrire dans une langue étrangère un peu chaque jour !

• beckygirly

Collectionneur de pages

#111 09 Mai 2020 19:13:22

@Caedy: I live in a beautiful region, but you have to like mountains lol. $
    I can't move because of family matters. It's not bad, but I hope one day I'll save enough money to go to NZ.
    Ohh Bristol!! I loved this place, I have great memories from there. Well, if you can live there, go girl!

Living on an island would be so great too!

I spent one year near Paris, the worst year of my life for many reasons.  I was relieved when I was able to leave. I think I'm not fit for big cities :goutte:
  • OrcadianSky

Puits de lecture

#112 09 Mai 2020 19:31:36

When in Orkney (which is an archipelago), I used to take the ferry or the wee plane to go to the various isles. It was really nice. I spent two years in Orkney. This is might be why I can't stand 'les îles Orcades' in Les étoiles de Noss Head. I'm so used to saying 'aux Orcades'
    Anyway... If it was the only problem I had with that book...

I've been in Scotland for nearly seven years. And when you're in Britain's main land, you don't feel like it's an island because it's a really big one. But in Orkney, the feeling is different.

Islands all the way!

Dernière modification par OrcadianSky (09 Mai 2020 19:33:00)

• Elizewyn

Restaurateur de livres

#113 10 Mai 2020 15:41:54

Caedy a écrit

Hey there !

Elizewyn : I wish I could visit New-Zealand. This country seems marvelous :heart:. I hope you can find work as soon as the quarantine over. What kind of jobs are you looking for ?

It is ! So beautiful, and i've found the kiwis and maoris to be very welcoming, for the most part :)
    Thanks :) At this point, i'd settle for pretty much anything, as long as it is in the capital, because i'd like to spend time with my boyfriend as well before we have to part..
    I asked my old boss if i could go back to the petrol station i worked at for 4 months, i hope it's going to be possible :)

Islands all the way, i agree :heart:

• beckygirly

Collectionneur de pages

#114 15 Mai 2020 17:54:02

Hey everyone!

How you doing? How has this week been for you? Did you go back to work?
    Hope you're ok.
  • Caedy

Casual lecteur

#115 16 Mai 2020 08:59:59

Hello !

This week was pretty intense. On Monday, we have to rush all day long to get the school (and ourselves) ready for the children arrival on the morrow. I have to admit, I gave a few calls to dissuade parents who could keep their child at home to put them at school.
    Then, I felt more like a policewoman than a teacher : " Step back !", "You're too close." "Don't touch this." Even though it's not as bad as I thought, we're far from what we use to do ... :tetemur: 
    At least, the pupils are still great and I love spend time with them either at school or on phone/email.:heart: And I'm pretty happy about finding some online lecture about my future schooling.

What about you ?
  • OrcadianSky

Puits de lecture

#116 16 Mai 2020 16:14:56

In Scotland there is no return to work until further notice. I'd say our Firdt Minister up here is handling things the best she can with what she has. I'm glad I'm not in England.
  • beckygirly

Collectionneur de pages

#117 17 Mai 2020 18:57:03

@Caedy: i read some records from other teachers and it doesn't seem to be easy. We just have to adjust, as usual but I'm sure you're doing a great job.

@OrcadianSky: great for you even though this particular situation is really weird. Yeah, I've to check what's happening in England but to be honest I'm trying to stay far from the news as it's depressing.

I've been feeling weird all week, I think it's a mix between a bad news I heard and the preparation to go back to work. I'm still not ready, but at least I've got two masks :P.
    Oh dear I wish everything was over yet...

Have a nice week!
  • OrcadianSky

Puits de lecture

#118 17 Mai 2020 19:50:29

The news in England are a joke, just like BoJo. Dangerous misleading twat. Now we've got people coming from England, going to their second home in the Highlands, endangering the locals. Really fed up with those selfish eejits and the ones who vote for them.
    Yeah as you can read, I don't particularly like the Tories.

Dernière modification par OrcadianSky (17 Mai 2020 19:51:05)

• Flatcat

Lecteur timide

#119 19 Mai 2020 17:26:22

I agree the news in England are jokes, Istoped looking at them . At least my work will not ask me to come back, I'll just coninue to teach my Saturday class online until Jully (I have  friends who doesn't have that chance).
  • OrcadianSky

Puits de lecture

#120 26 Mai 2020 19:01:39

I am currently waiting for some news about where I am going to teach next year. I applied for two posts but it might not be necessary since I am already contracted and a transfer to another school might be possible. We'll see...

Concerning the news... that bawbag (Cummings, that is) drove to Durham. So apparently rules apply to the plebs but not for him. Typical. I hope he falls and takes BoJo with him. Really, we're governed by bampots.