How many english/foreigned books have you read in your entire life ?

Sondage - How much english/foreigned books have you read in your entire life ?

0 (I don't understand the question or I never tried)
5% - 16
1 (I tried but... not for me/too hard)
10% - 29
6% - 19
5% - 16
4% - 12
3% - 11
6-10 (included)
11% - 33
11-20
13% - 37
21-30
5% - 15
31... and beyond ! (c) Buzz
32% - 92

Total : 280

• Wonderbooks_

Bookworm

#241 26 Mai 2020 18:46:22

I don't know exactly the number. My mother is an English teacher so she buys me a lot of books in English since I was a little girl. Now, I'm really able to read YA books in English and I love do this to enrich my vocabulary.
  • OrcadianSky

Préposé aux marque-pages

#242 26 Mai 2020 18:54:48

We have to count? lol.
    Most of my books are in English and French, then I have a few in Danish, a few in Italian, a few in Japanese. I might even have one in Portuguese.
  • Rena

Lecteur timide

#243 08 Octobre 2020 18:47:47

I couldn't count how many English books I have read or am planning to read ! I've done English studies so had a lot of books to read and I've been living in Scotland for five years now and spend my time buying new books ! I think the very first book I've read in English was Harry Potter and the last one I've read was the handmaid tale !
  • Vaness M Lire

Grand chef libraire

#244 06 Février 2021 10:31:33

I try to read more books in English.
  • Lucie_dqtm

Livraddictien débutant

#245 06 Février 2021 10:47:34

Currently reading one :) "Testament of Youth" written by Vera Brittain.
    A bit hard to read for the non Native English speaker I am, so I am reading slowly and make sure I understand it all.

And the next onewill be: "Now you see me" by Lesley Glaister
  • Invité

Invité

#246 22 Février 2021 15:31:11

I'v read more than 30 books in english.
  • Cendre

Gollum littéraire

#247 22 Février 2021 15:43:02

Not that much up to now, approx. 10 or a little bit more. But I plan to change this. This year I noticed that a lot of books in my WL for YA/Youth are cheaper in English so I will buyt them in this language :) Based on the audience of the those books, I think I will not have any difficulties to read them in original version :)
  • Azrune

Livraddictien débutant

#248 23 Février 2023 16:16:57

I'm kinda cheating. If we only count books, I only have read about 8 books in English, the Harry Potter series and Animorph volume 2, but I've read many fanfictions in English with some so long they'd put some "normal novels" to shame, so... xD

Dernière modification par Azrune (23 Février 2023 16:17:26)

• Maeglin Surion

Néophyte de la lecture

#249 26 Avril 2023 23:33:38

I've lost count, honestly, but I've been reading mostly in French and Japanese lately (except for scientific outputs). So, last year I've only read about twenty books in English, including comics and child books, which is not that much compared to the French ones... and this year I haven't read much at all in any language :')

As I miss it so badly, I've just started an English rereading of The Lightning-Struck Heart (Tales from Verania, book 1) by TJ Klune, which is exactly what I needed right now.
  • Ellea

Lecteur du dimanche

#250 15 Décembre 2023 03:10:20

Azrune a écrit

I'm kinda cheating. If we only count books, I only have read about 8 books in English, the Harry Potter series and Animorph volume 2, but I've read many fanfictions in English with some so long they'd put some "normal novels" to shame, so... xD

Good to know I'm not the only one ! I only have read a few books in English, like the Women of the Otherworld series, because not all were translated in French. But yes, I learned to read in English with fanfictions, which was easier than a book, because I could just have a dictionary open in another tabs for when I wasn't understanding a word or something. Sadly the stores around where I live don't really have books (small town), and the ones they do have, let's just say I'm not really interest in them. So beside the books that I buy when I do go to the city, I read mostly fanfictions, but in English. And like Azrune said, some are so long that they put normal novels to shame... =)