Which book are you reading this week?

• Ju feather

Lecteur timide

#301 08 Novembre 2020 16:26:49

Hi :)
    I'm still reading L'Idiot by Dostoïevski. I'm half through it.
    I also read Petals on the Wind by Virginia Andrews, the second book of the Dollanganger saga
  • Ju feather

Lecteur timide

#302 11 Décembre 2020 16:50:24

Hello :)

I'm currently reading Ulysses by James Joyce for one of my classes.
  • camicam

Néophyte de la lecture

#303 10 Janvier 2021 17:06:09

Hello Everyone,
    Best wishes for the new year

I've started "Promise Land from Barack Obama. It is surprinsingly easy to read.
  • Ju feather

Lecteur timide

#304 04 Avril 2021 19:39:52

Hi everyone :)

I'm currently reading The Monk by Matthew Lewis. It's a Gothic novel and I like my reading so far. :)
  • Bookish_Cup

Lecteur invétéré

#305 18 Mai 2021 17:25:22

Hello,

Actually, I read City of friends and I have a little problems with the story because I don't understand all informations about the characters..
  • Wolfsrain

Chercheur de mots

#306 01 Juin 2021 20:08:51

camicam a écrit

Hello Everyone,
    Best wishes for the new year

I've started "Promise Land from Barack Obama. It is surprinsingly easy to read.

Hello! I'm trying the audiobook right now. I have purchased it in english in the first place but i found it quite difficult to stay focused because there are so many political words that I'm not aware of. So i switched to a French version and i really don't regret it because I'm enjoying the book with a new level.

• florence71

Bibliophile

#307 01 Juin 2021 21:00:20

Well I'm currently reading "Agatha Raisin "As the pig turn".
  • Ju feather

Lecteur timide

#308 02 Juillet 2021 12:49:00

Hi :) I've started reading On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong. I haven't read more then 20 pages and I already like the author's writing !
  • Ourlig

Cajoleur de couvertures

#309 05 Juillet 2021 09:14:20

I decided to read The Hobbit again. But for the first time, I'm trying to read it in english.
    Thankfully, it is children book and I already know the story because I find Tolkien's writing quite hard to read (this is mostly due to the vocabulary).
    The plan was to read The Silmarillion and The Children of Hurin next but I'm not sure  it is such a good idea anymore.
  • coldtroll

Lecteur-express

#310 06 Juillet 2021 00:23:08

Makes a long time i haven't read a book in english. The first 2 pages aren't easy, but it is more a question of rythm i guess, like a sport we forget to practice...
    So. I'm back with MORTAL ENGINES, i found it for 1€ just after i had discovered the feature film in dvd in my library...